UC San Diego Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Interesting. Thank you for updating us.

Son rejected/in-state/CogSci

Waitlisted for Math
In State
UW: 4.0
UC: 4.47
7 APs
Top 2% of large class, 4yr sport, job, ECs.
Accepted: Cal Poly SLO, Northeastern

2 Likes

D22 got into International Business
In-State
UW: 4.0
W: 4.7
12 APS

Good Essays, EC’s

2 Likes

UCSD was my top choice and I was waitlisted. Rly sad ab this one. I got into Irvine tho and I love Irvine too so that’s something

9 Likes

Awesome. OOS (way OOS in MA) and a bit overwhelmed as this is my DD’s first choice and she is pumped. A million questions about housing and parents weekend and transportation from the airport and staying on campus during breaks and for Thanksgiving. Where can I go to start to get educated?

3 Likes

I have been watching your threads and am happy to hear your daughter got in to UCSD , she has amazing stats. Congrats to your daughter and mama.

My daughter was waitlisted for both UCSD and UC Irvine. Both schools have alternative majors. Will she be considered for both majors at both schools?

1 Like

Waitlisted at UCSD, Instate engg . But got into UCLA, so overall a good day !
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances !

5 Likes

For waitlisted applicants, they will be considered for the 1st choice, alternate or possibly Undeclared. It will depend upon where there is space available.

1 Like

If you waitlisted, are you waitlisted for first choice, second choice or undeclared. D22 applied for CS first choice, Math+CS 2nd choice . Waitlisted now with 4.0/4.4/4.5 stats.

Never mind…someone just responded to this question. Thanks!

does anyone know the ucsd waitlist->accepted percentage?

1 Like

Thank you!

Seem more waitlist than acceptance???

Those type of stats do not usually post until the CDS for 2022-2023 comes out sometime next Fall.

Oh yea true. Any stats from previous years tho?

UCSD did not post their CDS from 2021-22 so the most recent data is from 2020.

UCSD had 100,034 applicants and waitlisted 19,714.

4 Likes

S22 was admitted to Math and Computer Science (2nd choice major) 4.0 UW 4.72 W, ELC, 10 AP classes + 3 college classes. In-state.

3 Likes

My daughter accepted SDSU Webers Honors~ Journalism \Advertising - waitlisted @ UCSD & it doesn’t offer her major. Maybe they are accepted to what suits them.

5 Likes

Accpted Chemical Engineering(alternate major)
US citizen studying in India
Average ECs , Good essays

4 Likes