UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

We’re almost there. It’s been almost impossible for me to focus on school because I find myself on college confidential or reddit every 10 minutes just hoping to find some new information about UC decisions. :pray: for UCSC and UCSB.

8 Likes

For me too haha. Just two more weeks of this madness

UCSB with the “Ready for Decision Release?” mass e-mail that my gmail cropped to “Ready for decision”…

tricky!

1 Like

Email was sent that decision will be March 16th

Yep just got that email too! Was it sent to everyone???

Yes I think so

The note specifically says the are email “all” students, parents and guardians.

I got a CCS (College of Creative Studies, a program that needs a separate application at UCSB) Open House invitation weeks ago. But the invitation says the date of the Open House is in April… So not sure if it implies admission to UCSB (like, if not, why invite me to the Open House in APRIL?) does anyone know sth about that?

1 Like

Is the admissions portal down for anyone else? They could be uploading decisions for the targeted 16th release date already.

yup mine isn’t working

1 Like

they said it would be done on Sunday until 3pm PST on Tuesday but maybe they started early?

actually - my daughter’s portal is working

My portal is still normal and working.

Mine is as well now. I think they may have input decisions for the 16th release date.

They said that the portal would be closed from Sunday, March 14 through March 16 at 3pm PST, which is when they would load admission data. It’s possible they did it earlier (who knows?).

1 Like

Message on my son’s portal below. Definitely appreciate the empathy and clarity!

Notice
The UCSB Applicant Portal is currently closed.
This closure began on 03/14/2021 at 12:00 AM PST
and will end on 03/16/2021 at 03:15 PM PST.

We understand that times are tough.
And that you’ve been waiting for UCSB admission long enough.

But a little bit longer you have to wait.
Fret not, portals reopen on the following dates:

Freshmen, check your portals March 16 after 3.
Transfers, April 21 will be your day to see.

11 Likes

I wonder how long it took them to write this and made sure everything rhymed.

9 Likes

If the portal “closure” doesn’t end until precisely 3:15pm, then why are they telling Freshmen to check the portal at 3pm instead of 3:15pm?

Is it because 3:15 doesn’t rhyme with “see” like “3” does? LOL

The posts on this forum between 3pm and 3:15pm on Tuesday should be interesting.

6 Likes

Because it always opens sooner than they say. They try to not get too many people on to check all at once as servers always crash on acceptance days.
I would check all day tomorrow. Maybe even midnight tonight.
Exciting it is finally time! Good luck!

Agree - this was super fun and lightens the tension so much!

1 Like