UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

Wouldn’t it be a disadvantage?

1 Like

OOS acceptance rate is higher than in state

1 Like

because they have less applicants

exactly, UCSD OOS acceptance rate was 46% last year

Also less OOS applicants matriculate due to the high costs of attending. I am always surprised on how many applicants/parents do not run the Net Price calculator for any of the UC’s and then are shocked they receive no financial aid when their FA packages are released.

UC’s offer little to no FA for OOS and International students so no one should expect anything less then close to full price.

4 Likes

They do have a higher acceptance rate, but the OOS acceptances also have a higher GPA/SAT/ACT than in-state acceptances (at least for UCLA and Berkeley).

2 Likes

That’s more so self selection than it is school expectations

1 Like

Ahhh 6 more hours! So excited and scared at the same time. The butterflies are everywhere!!

5 Likes

props to ucsb for being literally the only uc school that cares about our metal health enough to declare a decision date and time.

18 Likes

and berkeley

1 Like

oh yes i forgot about berkeley ! (throwing shade on sd, uci, ucla, and davis here :wink:

1 Like

I don’t think Berkeley has officially declared a date.

its 3/25, they announced it last month

3 Likes

Where?

UCSC gets shade too!

@cliu36 @jntwinmama It’s technically “on or before March 25, 2021”.

2 Likes

yes but the before was already released for regents earlier this feb, rest of it releases on the 25th

Doenst it say right on the UC website that decisions will be made by March 31? I have always had the attitude that if we hear before then great but ultimately I shouldnt expect anything until the 31st.

You’re right. I was looking at the portal, but they sent an email after early decisions were out that said: “Freshman decisions will be released approximately late afternoon / early evening (Pacific time) on March 25, 2021, via the MAP@Berkeley portal.”

any idea about uscd?