UC Santa Barbara Class of 2025 — Regular Decision

That’s right. i forgot.

Can anyone else not focus in class because you’re anxiously waiting for 3:15? I’m so nervous

11 Likes

Does UCSB take major into consideration when accepting?

I think so.

UCSB admits by major within the College of Engineering but not within the College of L&S.

5 Likes

yes same exactly!

my guess is friday, along with ucla

What’s a good amount of AP classes in highschool for UCSB admits?

The # of AP’s a student takes really depends upon what is offered at the applicants HS. 6-8 AP’s seems to an average for most competitive schools but taking 15 does not always make an applicant more competitive. Quality vs. Quantity is more important. As long as a student has taken a challenging curriculum in context of their HS, the number really does not matter as much.

2 Likes

My D has taken 10 AP’s and 5 are in her senior year, which unfortunately will not affect her GPA. She had a few B’s in tenth grade! How is that looked at by the AO?

So how do they contextualize rigor for out-of-state students when they do not receive the school report for that school. How do they know if they take more or less AP classes than average for out-of-state schools?

Then why did the application request a 1st and 2nd major choice instead of just the college? If both majors are from the same college then what difference would that make?

UCB sent an email out on 2/11 stating that they will release on “late afternoon/early evening” of 3/25

1 Like

Why even ask the major? Why don’t they just ask what school within the university that you are applying to?

maybe it’s meant to contextualize your application? a student with lots of CS ECs would naturally want to apply as a CS major, etc.

that’s what I’m wondering? If they are not admitting to major then just ask what college/school applying to?

After you are qualified to be a student, they need to place you in your major right?

She has and is taking a rigorous schedule so that is what the AO’s will consider. Grades/GPA, HS course rigor are important but only part of the larger picture when evaluating an applicant. UC’s use 13 areas of criteria when reviewing applications. The UC website has a list of the criteria.

https://admission.universityofcalifornia.edu/how-to-apply/applying-as-a-freshman/how-applications-are-reviewed.html

I think you are admitted as a “pre-major,” and have to take pre-reqs to formally be a major. Still not sure why it matters if they admit to a school and not a major…

2 hours left?

2 Likes