UC Santa Barbara Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

More waitlists releasing at later times today seems very unlikely too.

are there gonna be any more waitlist acceptances sent out today?

My daughter just got off the waitlist for Communications. We’re OOS on the east coast. UCSB was at one point her first choice, but she committed to Boston University. I don’t know if she’ll reconsider.

3 Likes

When did she get the email? Was it right now or around 8:34 PST?

Yeah - around then.

Just checked since I saw this msg. Still WL but accepted and Davis, first choice this is a close second and committed to SLO.

1 Like

got off waitlist today at 10:30 cst for biopsych. im out of state

2 Likes

Will they be releasing more decisions tomorrow?

1 Like

Got off today in state CL&S

3 Likes

Congratulations!! Same email group that went out this morning?

1 Like

My daughter got off the waitlist May 10th at 3pm EST. OOS, Econ.

3 Likes

my friend her D22 got off the WL for global studies

4 Likes

Got off the waitlist this morning on the 10th for Pre-Biology, In State (Northern California). No special considerations other than High School was considered a small school.

3 Likes

My daughter got off the waitlist on May 10, OOS, Psychology major. She is now trying to decide between SBCC and UCSB for the first 2 years. Anyone else considering both? The cost for SBCC is so much less than UCSB, and it seems like my daughter will take mostly the same classes at either (pre-major courses). SBCC may have smaller classes (higher faculty:student) and has a honors program, dorm (Tropicana) and even study abroad. But there is the “cache” of attending a 4 year school and maybe some more opportunities at UCSB? I’ll also note that her major is fairly undecided at this point.

3 Likes

@Gumbymom This might be a better question for you but I was accepted off the waitlist for UCSB but I’m committed to UCD right now. If I accept my offer from UCSB do I lose my offer from UCD or do I keep my offer for now?

1 Like

You cannot be enrolled in 2 UC’s at the same time so if you are currently enrolled at UCD and you want to accept the UCSB offer, you must enroll at UCSB and immediately withdraw from UCD. You will remain a UCD enrolled student until you decide to accept or decline UCSB’s offer.

1 Like

We actually JUST went through this so I can tell you exactly what happens – We were committed at UC Merced, got the offer from UC Davis. Once we decided to go for it – we accepted that offer and TASK 1 on the list you are immediately provided once acceptance goes through is kind of a scary message that essentially says “We know you are committed somewhere else - you better fix that ASAP or you’re going to have problems!” (haha) so you then go get your UC application ID (your overall app ID - not school specific) and then go and immediately withdraw your SIR from the other school – and at that point, you’re dead to them. You’re immediately taken out of that system like you did not exist.

Kind of sad. Merced is a gem.

7 Likes

I don’t have experience with this - still hoping my DD gets off the waitlist - but there is a thread on here called Backdoor Way into UCSB that has some of information in it that you may find helpful.

2 Likes

Is there any international student getting off the waitlist?

1 Like

My son just got off the waitlist, american citizen but applying from Shanghai.

2 Likes