UC Santa Barbara Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

May I please get the info on the one-year transfer as well?

congratulations! But I am not American citizen and I haven’t heard anything from school. Still waiting anxiously

1 Like

This article was posted on the Berkeley waitlist 2026 thread. Not sure what to make of it, but thought I would share.

UC, CSU and community colleges set to get big funding boost - Los Angeles Times

The portal is closed now,Does this mean the decision will be released?

1 Like

Not closed for me - is it still closed on your end? Seems like UCSB always releases decisions on Tuesday though.

It re-opened

1 Like

This passage from the article caught my eye:

“UC is being asked to increase seats for California students by 6,230 for fall 2022 but is negotiating that number with Newsom’s office. The system has agreed to add about 2,000 more students each year from 2023-24 through 2026-27, with 15% of the growth at UCLA, UC Berkeley and UC San Diego, the most applied-to campuses in the system. Those three will also reduce their out-of-state and international student amount by 900 each year and replace them with Californians over the next five years.”

If negotiations are ongoing for Fall 2022, that could mean significant movement from waitlists, but probably later in the summer, as I suspect these negotiations will take a will to resolve.

4 Likes

Has anyone heard anything yet? Portal was closed for about an hour this morning. Still WLd.

I agree with that possibility. But wish our kids would be applying next year which seem to have more promising numbers.

1 Like

I have another one applying next year, too. We’re going to advise him to cast a wider net, and not count on getting into a UC.

3 Likes

Were the SIRs for the last wave due today or yesterday?

1 Like

Yesterday

2 Likes

Looks like no updates today!

3 Likes

Agree (my son will apply with class of 25). my daughter this year is committed to University of Washington. She applied to 9 California schools and got 0 acceptances and 5 waitlist.
Waitlist (UCSD, UCSB, UCSC, Cal Poly SLO, SDSU)
Rejected: (UCB, UCI, UCLA, UCD)

4.5 GPA, 12 AP’s, Leader of 2 clubs, 4 yr Varsity softball player (travel ball 5 years), other EC’s.

Is there any wave for international applicants? I haven’t heard anything since May 1st. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

me too

The portal is closed again so maybe they just close it every morning :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Anyone get in today?

They keep closing the portal so they have to be doing something

I’m bugging out if I’m not getting off this waitlist let’s just get it over with

1 Like