UC Santa Barbara Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

So I appealed my rejection and it was successful. I was admitted pre economics at about 1 pm today.

4 Likes

Congrats Harry! That’s awesome! Could you tell me if you’re in state or out and a quick rundown of your resume? My son is also appealing.

1 Like

Waitlists are probably done then right? The portal closures were probably for the appeals.

Yeah so I am instate. Really shocked because I really didn’t think I would get in. I have a 4.25 UC GPA and UC GPA capped. I got admitted pre-economics. I spent a lot of time on my essays and had a lot of extracurriculars. I’ve taken 7 APs, 1 honors, and a few articulated classes. Hope that helps and goodluck

2 Likes

I was waitlisted at UC Irvine and UC Davis, got into UCSC, and rejected from the other top UCs so really shocked and will attend

7 Likes

I’m not an expert at all, but I’m not sure what these portal closures mean. It would seem rather early to be closing the waitlist, but you never know!

2 Likes

Thanks for the response Harry. Congrats again! Hoping my son gets in off one of his waitlists or appeals.

2 Likes

Was there a deadline to appeal?

1 Like

Just checked my portal and my appeal was not approved. Didn’t get an email, just logged on after seeing this post.

2 Likes

same

1 Like

May I please know how do you appeal. Appreciate your inputs and thanks so much!

1 Like

Deadline was April 15

1 Like

Anyone get off waitlist yesterday?

1 Like

has anyone called admissions this week for an update about waitlist? curious to know if they are closing waitlist, if they have begun accepting rejected student appeals?

2 Likes

Hmm this time the portal isn’t closed

1 Like

Yeah if anyone calls or finds anything else out plz lmk🙏

2 Likes

Congratulations Harry! See you on campus this fall? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats Harry! that’s so exciting. Mine appealed to but can’t get into portal but have an email. What did your email say?

1 Like

So happy for you. What was the basis of your appeal?

Just to clarify, no waitlist wave this week correct? Only appeals?