UC Santa Barbara Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Nothing today so I guess the waves are done?

1 Like

It seems most of the UC’s have not had much action on the waitlist, specifically UCLA, UCSC and UCB. So maybe UCSB is waiting to see if other school’s waitlist action causes disruption in UCSB’s numbers and then they will adjust accordingly??? My DD is starting to really embrace the university she is committed to and that feels good, but there is still a glimmer of hope for UCSB.

Since you can’t appeal while you’re on a waitlist, does anyone know if there is an appeal window once a waitlist turns into a rejection? Trying to stay optimistic, but want to be prepared for worst-case scenario.

Last year, UCSB allowed appeals from denied waitlisted applicants. I do not know if they will offer that option this year.

2 Likes

Anyone hear anything yet?

1 Like

Howdy, can we assume that UCSB pulling from the waitlist is nearly complete?

thinking so. I’d love to see the numbers on how many waitlisted and how many accepted.

There are about 10 responses clearing the waitlist (2 weeks ago) and then there is not much update! Is that all? Last year it appears most of waitlist was cleared and this year not much!! It appears not much movement in other UC’s as well. Very strange! Lot of seats gone to OOS students I guess.

1 Like

I called admissions and spoke with a counselor to ask if we can read anything from the fact that waitlist acceptances seem to have slowed or stopped all together, they stated that they fully expect waitlist to continue but to be slower than in years past due to all UCs taking a more conservative approach this year. They said they expect to continue accepting waitlisted students through June 30th - but will update all waitlisted applicants if they fill the class sooner.

9 Likes

Is this just for UCSB? Or other UCs too?

1 Like

Just a little glimmer of hope I wanted to share. My daughter SIR’d to Cal Poly Slo in March only to change her mind on April 29 to SDSU. She immediately let Cal Poly know she would not be attending in the fall. The housing sight crashed at SDSU and my daughter waited too long and missed the deadline and got put at the end of the housing waitlist due to the fact that we are local. She really wanted the dorm experience etc., so needles to say she was upset. On May 9th, she checked her Cal Poly portal and she still appeared to be admitted. So she called to confirm and they said yes. So that is where she is going at the moment. I am telling her story becuase it seems that even when students say they are not attending, it seems like the process is very slow to actually remove them. SDSU is still after her for her transcipts even though she told them she was not going. I don’t known if the UC system is as slow as the state system, but I nocticed UCSB transcripts are due July 1. Maybe they will have a more realistic enrollment number then??? This is just a long winded thought on the process of admissions.

2 Likes

Hmmm I would check to make sure she is withdrawing correctly? When my son withdrew his UC SIR’s for his waitlist choice, it was instant. And he was then dead to them. Could not log into anything, like he never existed.

She revoked her SIR to SDSU online and then made a phone call. It still says she is attending.

All - just a heads up that my daughter received an email essentially saying the waitlist is closed. As I understand it, they will open up appeals on Monday for a week.

We just got our email as well. They stated because the freshman class is at capacity, there is a slim chance on appeal acceptance

My daughter got the rejection too. Tough pill to swallow with a 4.7 gpa, varsity sports and all the bells and whistles, but time to get excited about Cal Poly SLO! Also excited to be done being anxious about the waitlist. We feel like a weights been lifted. Thanks for everyone’s sage advice and insights, but we are signing off and I hope to not be back on this waitlist ride in 2024 with my son!:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Rejected. Appeal opens on Monday, closes on Friday.

1 Like

“Removed” from the waitlist as well!

2 Likes

I got rejected too. My intended major is biology.

1 Like

me too