UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

My son is still waiting. He is also waiting on SLO, UCI, and San Diego State :woman_shrugging:
UCLA-rejected
UCSD-rejected
Long Beach State-rejected
ASU-accepted
cal State Northridge-accepted
Hawaii-accepted

1 Like

Did your son check his UCSB portal? It should be there.

1 Like

Even UCI results were out on Friday.

2 Likes

He checked and the school portals all say no decision :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

San Diego State already posted.

1 Like

@ccreich
On the San Diego State discussion thread there are still some posters without decisions but UCI and UCSB have posted all decisions. Is he checking each individual schools student portal or just checking the UC application website?

Maybe try refreshing the pages?

1 Like

He is checking each schools portal :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

ASU and HI seem like GREAT options to me. And as for Cal Poly SLO, well, yes this year they are releasing decisions SLOW, living up to their name.

1 Like

Did he re-login?

His older brother is at SLO so it would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks for this tip. My S has been waiting on a CU Boulder decision that should have come a while ago. I’ll have him sign out and back in again.

1 Like

Were Regent decisions apart of the Acceptance Letter, or have they not come out yet? Also when applying on the UC Application and there were a bunch of scholarship categories that applicants could select, when would we know if we won one of these? I’m OOS and am well aware that UC’s don’t offer financial aid, so if I were to be awarded one of these it would definitely help a lot.

1 Like

UCSB has done Regents notifications by snail mail and I have not have seen any Regents recipients yet. Other scholarships can show up in your FA package and some may be awarded later in the summer.

Rejected :') anyone get in??

Fog is a summer thing in coastal central & north California. Students are mostly never at UCSB in summer, I was doing internships elsewhere. Students are not going have the money to do finer things in SB either.
This is when we did a campus tour in Apr2022:

I think folks might have moved to waitlist/appeal thread, remaining ones need to be convinced to join.

I can vouch for the powers of blue water though. I helped a girl with her heavy suitcase while out for a random walk in IslaVista, leading to a lot of lunches on this cliff with blue water views. 25 years later, we are thrilled our son is accepted to the same CoE. But he would rather go to UCSD (waitlisted) or UCI (accepted) as he prefers BioE to MatSci, we are hoping he can help lift some suitcases there. :wink:

3 Likes

Yes, DD got in to CCS for physics. She received a congratulatory email from CCS yesterday.

2 Likes

That’s amazing! Would you mind sharing what sort of physics-related ECs she has?

Yes, thanks–I also reminded my DD that she’ll be home with no fog or “June gloom” during the summer from UCSB (should she choose to SIR there). We plan to visit UCSB the first week of April.

I read a great article that was titled “The Power of Blue” that cited direct benefits to mental health to those who live near water. Those benefits I suppose could be negated by living also in the most dense housing West of the Mississippi (if still true): Isla Vista. But I’m pretty familiar with UCSB as my then-boyfriend (now husband) attended there in the late 1980s and I visited him there in Isla Vista often.

I think there should be a UC Lake Tahoe and a UC Mendocino. :grinning:The power of blue.

6 Likes

Got a yes for UCSB this morning. I feel it was probably the login but I will never know because he is stubborn and would not let me interfere.

6 Likes