UC Santa Barbara Class of 2027 Official Thread

My daughter 23 was waitlisted so we won’t get anything in the mail, but 2 years ago her older brother was accepted and UCSB is the ONLY school he was accepted to that never sent a hard copy of the letter. It was annoying since I was making him a memory book, so I had him save the PDF from his portal and then printed it out from that.

1 Like

Just curious, if your son accesses his submitted CCS application, does it say “Status: Submitted” or something along the lines of “Status: Accepted”? Mine says the former, so I am wondering if they truly haven’t finished reviewing my application yet or if there was an issue when they sent the email.

1 Like

Thanks lkg4answers. I’ve heard as well that although UCSB CCS students used to receive priority registration, that is no longer true. Is that correct?

1 Like

I am not sure. Here is a copy of the 2021-22 handbook. I would contact CCS. Is is a very small department. They will know who your student is.

CCS students are not limited to the number of courses they can take. They can also drop a course as late as the last day of the quarter. I believe CCS students are also able to take graduate level courses.

Courses offered by the college are designed to allow students to rigorously explore or even modify a field of knowledge rather than merely expose them to a predetermined quantity of fixed subject matter. Through intense creative work and research projects typically reserved for graduate school, students acquire a thorough comprehension of their discipline and are encouraged to begin making original contributions to the field. Most classes in the college are tutorials and small seminars.

1 Like

That first registration link appears to be for the wrong College of Creative Studies.

1 Like

Thanks for catching that. I updated it with the 2021-22 handbook.

Here is the 2022-23 CCS Handbook..

1 Like

I spoke with someone at CCS who confirmed that priority registration still applies for CCS students.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen notifications for Regents yet?
My daughter’s Financial Aid package was available in her portal yesterday and it states UCSB scholarship for $10,700 but there are no specifics when she clicks.

1 Like

Regents is $5K/year but if you are a CA resident and have financial need it can be more. Regents notifications comes by snail mail and have not seen anyone post about being a recipient.

1 Like

Anyone have a sense of how difficult is it to get into CCS (Chemistry/Biochemistry) applying after the first semester or first year? D23 was accepted pre-Chemistry and wasn’t sure about CCS when she applied, but is seriously interested in it now. Thanks for any insight.

1 Like

Thank you! Hopefully notifications come out soon!

1 Like

Same!!!

You live in Nc? Where?

1 Like

No I was saying hoping yours got in! We live in MD.

Anyone know strengths/weakness for San Rafael versus Manzanita village? Those are the two for freshman without communal bathrooms.

1 Like

Did I understand correctly that the Financial Aid info will be in the portal?

I just got an email saying I was selected for the Regents Scholarship. Does anyone know what this means?

1 Like

Congratulations that means you have been selected for one of the most prestigious merit scholarships at UCSB. Here is more information: Regents Scholarship - UCSB Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships

1 Like

Do you know roughly how many people are selected? I wasn’t able to find any information online.

Usually 50-100 Regent scholars are selected each year but I do not have the exact numbers.

1 Like