UC Santa Barbara Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

@ucscuuw is probably out celebrating. :wink:

Are you looking specifically for CompE?
You can find data for UCSB Freshmen Profiles here: New Freshmen Profile | Office of Budget & Planning

anyone admitted in L&S, You will be invited to join the honors program in June after you commit. Honors Admission | Division of Undergraduate Education - UC Santa Barbara

2 Likes

That article is fodder for parental nightmares :laughing: (and probably some student nightmares too).

Note to self: encourage son to stay on top of all aspects of conditional admissions!

2017 many UCs and Cal Poly slo over enrolled by a lot. Slo overenrolled their freshman class by 1,000 students, my daughter’s freshman class. UCI was also horribly over enrolled and started rescinding offers for silly paperwork reasons. That became a huge public relations nightmare and they ended up having to take those students. I wouldn’t be surprised if this somehow impacted the 2018 class.

2 Likes

Lol. I was but just got back.

@kchan95014 The stats were posted on the right bottom corner of the computer engineering department website.

2 Likes

This is what the honors tab says,

Congratulations on your admittance to the UCSB College of Engineering Honors Program!

The Honors Program is designed to enrich the educational opportunities for outstanding students with the College. Students in the Honors Program will be encouraged to participate in early experiences in research and scholarships in preparation for independent research and inquiry.

BENEFITS

Participation in the Honors Program offers quarterly honors programming, including special tours and lectures, honors advising, as well as expanded library privileges.

Housing is available to eligible first-year students in Scholars Halls located in several university-owned residence halls (visit UC Santa Barbara Housing for more information on Living Learning Communities).

ELIGIBILITY

Based on your outstanding academic record and accomplishments in high school, you have been admitted to the Honors Program. To maintain eligibility, you must meet GPA, community service, and honors course requirements. Please visit our Honors Program page for details.*

If you have any questions about the Honors Program, please contact the College of Engineering Honors Program Academic Advisor at honors@engineering.ucsb.edu.

We look forward to welcoming you to the UCSB College of Engineering!

*Honors Program parameters and requirements subject to change.

2 Likes

I already got three UC financial aid award. We’re instate. I’m gonna be honest. I’m not sure if we can afford it. I cannot imagine how much UC gonna charge the out of state admits.

2 Likes

In-State/Political Science - Accepted
3.98 UW/4.23 W/4.33 UC

7 AP’s (including this year), 5s on the three APs taken so far
1520 SAT (National Merit Finalist using 1470 SAT)

main ECs/awards:
speech & debate (9, 11-12) - event co-captain, board positions (12)
newspaper - news page editor (12)
social science research (summer after 11th) + silver medal from Harvard Int’l Review
girls state (summer after 11th)
student election volunteer (11th)
scholastic regional gold key (10th)

Rejected: n/a (if you count QuestBridge NCM Finalist… then that)
Waitlist: n/a
Accepted: UCLA, UW Seattle (4k merit + Honors college), UC Davis (first-year aggie scholarship), UCSD (and now UCSB!)
Waiting: UC Berkeley, WashU, Boston University, CMU, Tufts, Brown, UPenn, Harvard, Princeton, Columbia, Yale, Stanford, UNC Chapel Hill

so far, lucky enough to not have any college rejections :]] plenty of scholarship rejections though…

3 Likes

Sorry about that! It doesn’t stop with admissions. Last week UCI dropped a bunch of students from their registered classes because they didn’t pay their tuition on time. :grimacing:

1 Like

Forewarned is forearmed! Thanks for the heads up. {practices deep breathing… :lungs:}

So you think that year could just be an outlier year?

Possibly. Strange things were definitely afoot the previous year with higher than average yield.

1 Like

Accepted UCSB Applied CS got accepted but Alternate Major of DataScience.

Accepted CS UCSD got Regents 5K/20 K total.Muir College
NorCal
4.0 No B’s and 4.74 Weighted
8 Ap’s 10th/11th grade year & taking 4 more this year. So 12 total.

UCLA CS Accepted/ Received Regents invitation
UCD-waitlist
SJSU- CS Accepted
Calpoly-still waiting probably w/l or rejection

Waiting on Berkeley EECS the 24th. Then will make decision between UCLA/UCB/ & UCSD

6 Likes

SLO over enrolled since they got rid of their ED option which affected their yield in 2017

I’m not sure what happened at Irvine or other UCs. Freshman dorm assignments were fun that year.

Accepted to CS honors
4.0/4.65
6APs, 4 more this year

Accepted: UCLA, UCSD, UCI, UCR, CalPoly SLO, Calpoly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton, SDSU

Rejected: Stanford restricted early action, UT Austin

Waiting on: UCB, USC

2 Likes

Thank you and @lkg4answers! Yes, was looking for CE data specifically. We’re thrilled that my S22 got in today, and I’m collecting data for my younger one.

1 Like

D22 OOS
Accepted and her 1st choice!! :hugs:
Pre-psychology and Neuroscience
Letters and Sciences

Not sure what UC GPA is (she had all As except one B sophomore year) and all classes are Honors Classes at college preparatory high school

ECs: 10 yrs piano with numerous awards at music school, 7 years volleyball (Varsity in High School), multiple community service projects including mentoring middle school students striving to be first gen college grads

8 Likes

CE Department’s website. Undergraduate Studies | Computer Engineering | UC Santa Barbara

1 Like

Son rejected

In state
Psychology