UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

Posting this for all applicants on the UC selection process:

Several factors and variables can influence selection. What is most important to know is that selection looks different at every campus!

• Selection can even look different from year to year for the same campus.

• Things like enrollment capacity (campus size impacts how many students can enroll) and enrollment targets for each campus are factored into selection.

• Campuses use multiple factors when selecting students and the way campuses select students varies.

• It is to the student’s advantage to include as much information as possible on the application.

• Every student is considered in the context of their own environment which includes, but is not limited to, school, family and geographic region.

• Students are also considered within the context of the applicant pool for each campus.

• Each campus will complete their own individual review of the application independently of one another, which means that they’re going to review the information in the application and select students without asking what the other campuses have decided.

• Each campus selects students independently.

no, mine didn’t list my major either. Applied as a film and digital media major / History alternate major.

@3tcharm @Talulazzz

Here is the waitlist thread and information: UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2027 Waitlist/Appeal Thread

1 Like

Accepted! : (Proposed) Psychology . In-state

W: 4.06 (i think?)
UW: 3.83
4 APs – Biology, Psychology, Literature/Comp, APUSH / 1 honors course
Decent ECs –
club swim (8 y), dance co & competitive dancer (7 y), fashion club officer (2 y), tutoring math n occasional basic science (paid/2y), etc
Decent PIQs
I put some special factors in my additional comments section in my application, but I don’t know if that made a difference or not on my acceptance (reasons for perhaps some poor grades, family instability/struggles, etc)

Accepted to UCR. Waitlisted from CSULB.

3 Likes

My D23 was also just waitlisted for Business Econ. It doesn’t call out her major choice in the WL notice though. I am thinking that business programs are just all crazy impacted everywhere. she was also waitlisted at UW. But, she was accepted into Environmental engineering at UC Davis. So, we are thrilled with that! Will not accept WL offers from either UCSC or UW. Can’t wait to see how the rest of the UCs unfold!
UW GPA 3.96
WC GPA 4.28
WUC GPA 4.32
7 AP courses, including 4 senior year. 5, 4, 4 scores on the 3 completed. Great PIQs. ECs and awards are good. CA resident.
Congrats to all those who were admitted! And best of luck to the rest.

1 Like

Daughter Waitlisted :frowning:
Art Major. 4.2 Weighted GPA. 4.0 Unweighted.
Waitlisted at UCD, USD and UCSC
Accepted to UMich, LMU and 8 others. Just have no idea how this UC process works!?

2 Likes

D23 accepted to Environmental Sciences today! UW 3.75/UC Capped 3.89/W 4.4. CA resident, non-local.
Accepted to Oregon State (WUE), U of Hawaii (WUE), CSULB
Waitlisted UC Davis
Waiting for: Cal Poly SLO, SDSU, UCSB, UCSD

3 Likes

Daughter accepted!
Major: Molecular, Cell and Developmental Biology
UW GPA - 3.97
UC Capped GPA - 4.29
Varsity runner (XC and Track) and team captain
Job, volunteer etc etc
8 science classes at graduation including PLTW sequence
5 APs

3 Likes

accepted into applied mathematics :)))

3.8UW/4.2W, ca resident

2 Likes

DD in for Environmental Sciences, not sure when the portal was updated, guess today. UW 3.89 W 4.2 CA resident.

5 Likes

Accepted into Psychology! 3.9UW/4.6 W

4 Likes

in state
waitlisted.
UCW: 3.95
weighted 4.2
insane ECs. 3 sport captain 2 years, league MVP 3 sports 2 years, president of 5 clubs, founder of one
Accepted: Villanova Honors, syracuse, SLO, Providence, creighton, UW madison, UC Davis, Clemson, Marquette, Gonzaga and others, with scholarships.
[/quote]

Accepted!
Major: Games and Playable Media
In State

UW: 3.87
W: 4.19

4 Likes

Accepted OOS Biology, 4.0UW, 4.3W - 5 APs, 4 honors, 2 DE
Girl Scout, piano ensemble, camp counselor, science mentor, science club, intern at local hospital, HOSA, summer jobs, National Honors Society.
Accepted: UCD, SDSU, Santa Clara, Fordham, Oregon, Pitt, Penn State
Waitlisted: UW

3 Likes

Daughter accepted!

Global Community Health
In-state
3.97UW
4.3 UC Weighted and capped
4.4 UC Weighted
50 DE credits, 1 AP
4 years of choir, musical theater, college level tutoring, 5 years of her own babysitting business, college honor society

Also accepted to UC Davis and CalPoly Humboldt. Also, a bunch of WUE schools as well. No word from SLO, so we assume waitlist or rejection.

5 Likes

Waitlisted. Waistlist on primary major or alternative major or both?

Waitlisted on the primary major. Some schools will consider the alternate major when pulling from the waitlist. If the major is not in the Engineering college, UCSC does not admit by major since all students outside of Engineering are placed into a “proposed” major and can change their major at any time prior to completing their major qualification requirements.

1 Like

If I got waitlisted at davis and santa cruz do I have a shot at any of the rest???

You never know … Each is looking for something different. But SC is ranked in the 80s and the others in the 30s or higher so it will be tough

1 Like

I have a 4 UW and 4.24 W (UC scale) 4 aps. There is no chance I don’t get into a single one… :frowning: