UC Santa Cruz Class of 2027 Official Thread

So annoying! My daughter doesn’t have a package at all just one figure, which is around 73K.
She also has a full FA from another UC. No issues with confirming residency, it was automatic.

On our way home from banana slug day. Daughter fell in love in with it!

I think she fell in love somewhere around lunchtime while we sat on the grass watching a lacrosse game and a soccer game, overlooking the sea, blue skies overhead :smile:.

We were all blown away by the beauty of the campus, the friendly, laid-back vibe and excellent, informative tour guides. They are very proud of their campus and university at UCSC and so they should be :heart:.

7 Likes

I just finished a zoom meeting with the residency rep and here is what I learned: they don’t automatically confirm residency, they look at the way kids answer questions. My daughter answered that her other parent lives out of CA and this is why they flagged her.
Even though she lived in CA since she was 2.5 years old, only went to CA school and we submitted CA high school transcript, she was still flagged as non resident. They do not look into the parent status at all. She will have to SIR and then she will need to submit SLR form. Once that is submitted they will review and determine if she qualifies for in-state tuition. The documents we submitted to FA office don’t matter since they confirmed that the two offices do not communicate when it comes to this. They also confirmed that this is the old way of doing things and that they expect to be able to confirm residency like the other UCs do (my guess is through SSA office) by 2025. I asked twice and they confirmed this cannot be corrected unless the child SIRs and pays the fees.

anyone know about the csp? when doing the sir i rejected it because I didnt know about the benefits

What are the chances my student will be denied admission if she received a D in an A-G course her final quarter only senior year?

1 Like

Is the quarter grade posted on the transcript or just the semester grade? If semester grades are listed on the transcript, what is the final grade?

What is important is what grade shows up on the final transcript. A D or F can be an issue and if so, then contact UCSC to find out what you can or need to do to maintain your acceptance.

1 Like

My son found out he was admitted from the waitlist yesterday for Film and Media. We will go visit the campus tomorrow so he can make the final decision of his college admissions.

1 Like