UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Since I promised to share all results regardless of the outcome for future stats-gatherers:

• Admission Decision: Waitlisted
  • Major: Computer Science
  • GPA:
    – Weighted GPA: 4.29 (uncapped)
    – Unweighted GPA: 4.0
  • In-state, non-local
  • HS course rigor: 5 AP & 1 CC (AP Comp Sci A (4), AP Comp Sci Prin (5), AP Physics 1 (5), AP CALC A/B, & CALC B/C (pending), and a college Computer Programming class) A-G Reqs: A-2.5, B-4, C-6, D-4, E-3, F-1, G-3.5.
  • EC’s and major-related job:
    – EPP Participation: none
    – Work: 21+ hours/wk, major-related
    – EC: 11-15 hours/wk (varsity tennis, officer in his school’s Cyber Patriot team, student rep to district’s CTE comp sci pathway, CSF, 120 hours of volunteer work)
4 Likes

My kid was admitted and received an email about 1pm. Last name M, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology

2 Likes

At this point, given there have been no rejections posted, is it safe to assume that all acceptances and waitlists have been pushed, and anyone without a portal update is most likely a rejection?

Here is a link to stats page… I seem to be the only one who’s posted there which is weird! Don’t leave me hanging! ◡̈

3 Likes

My son just got accepted!
Last name starts with D.
Human Biology
W GPA: 4.18
UW GPA: 3.89

2 Likes

Son waitlisted for anthropology
3.89 unweighted
4.2 capped
4.6 weighed
Lots of EC and all AP and honors
So strange bc he’s in at CP, SDSU, and Davis so far

1 Like

Honestly I think it’s yield protection.

2 Likes

Son accepted!
Last name starts with C
Economics
UW GPA: 4.0
W GPA: 4.33

5 Likes

Just got email saying I was accepted to the undeclared major.

5 Likes

Does proposed major mean Im admitted into the major I chose?

it means you are admitted to be on track for that major. After you complete the required classes within the first five quarters of school, you can then apply to major in that field of study.

Yield Protection would involve an applicant showing demonstrated interest such as ED/EA/ED2/REA which the UC’s do not offer or consider in their application review. All schools have historical data of what type of students will enroll so they all do some kind of Yield Management to make sure they reach their target enrollment and do not over enroll. If they under enroll, then they utilize the waitlist.

Again, all UC’s act independently so that is why they can be considered unpredictable in their decisions.

8 Likes

Admitted! H last name got the email around 1 pm. Kind of funny that they announced time slots and then the emails came at different times than they announced.

4 Likes

Looks like Santacruz portal is not working properly. For my son, it showed has no new messages under Admissions section and also under messages section. But when we clicked on Adminssions section, we could see the admission status email.
Unfortunately, he is waitlisted for CS major
Stats: UC/CSU unwaited GPA 4.4
Lots of leadership ECs, Debate etc. Good essays, 10 APS,

3 Likes

S22 accepted for computer science. (In state)
Capped GPA 4.29, decent essay and good EC.
SAT 1540 which is not used.
Waitlisted in UCD

3 Likes

It interesting. I think they pegged my kid as someone unlikely to enroll and they were right. She LOVED the campus when she visited but since then other schools became more intriguing. Looks like they knew that the waitlist was the right decision.

3 Likes

Son accepted!
Last name starts with M
Computer Science
W GPA: 4.21
In state, not local
LAUSD, school district

2 Likes

Waitlisted for anthropology with a 3.2 weighted GPA !!! Unreal🤯. Must be off of essays alone, I can barely believe it!

8 Likes

My son was waitlisted today and so sad b/c this is where he really wanted to go. :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

UCSC historically has taken a good amount of students off the waitlist so opt in and hope for the best.

6 Likes