UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Makes sense. Thank you!

D22 Accepted as Feminist Studies major! This was her top choice so super relieved.

3.74 unweighted 3.96 weighted and capped

She had good EC’s related to her major and worked all through high school while doing school’s conservatory theater program. Strong PIQ essays probably got her admitted, since most of the students at her medium sized SoCal high school were waitlisted.

Might add that she went to all of the webinars UCSC offered these past few months: their open house on social justice groups there, financial aid workshop, and also self toured the campus over Thanksgiving and let the admissions office know she was there. Will never know if that mattered, but I can say it certainly didn’t hurt for them to see her high level of interest.

Acceptances so far:

• University of Hawaii at Manoa (UH)
  • San Francisco State University (SFSU)
  • Cal State Long Beach (CSULB)
  • UCSC

Still waiting on: UCLA, UCB and UCSB

We know that they are reaches with her GPA but she did not want to stay in San Diego area and liked UCSC the most so that was the main one. So grateful that came out this week before all of these other unlikely admits to the remaining UC schools.

6 Likes

UC’s do not consider an applicant’s level of interest it is noted in the CDS. Congratulations to your D for getting into her top choice.

My daughter got in for the same major! Likely not attending, but it’s cool!

1 Like

Delete

1 Like

The UCSC website says “Admitted students for fall 2022 have received a link to sign up for available tours via their UC Santa Cruz email addresses.”

My daughter doesn’t have a UC Santa Cruz email address. Is this something she should have already?

1 Like

Ditto. I’m thinking there is some misinformation happening about these in-person tours for admitted students. My daughter was offered admission, as was at least one of her friends. Neither they or we have received any link. Hopefully the link email is just a bit delayed and coming soon.

1 Like

I can’t see the portal but is there an area where you can set up a UCSC account/email without committing to attend?

I was admitted in the first round, and I received an email to the email I used to submit my application, with a link to sign up for a tour.

2 Likes

The UCSC Visits office said they would be sending out the tour email by Last Thursday at 5pm. When we didn’t receive it I emailed the office and got this reply with the link to sign up for the admitted student tour:

Thank you for following up. You haven’t missed anything. There were some technical issues with some of the scheduled emails. Here is the link to register for a walking tour: UC Santa Cruz Campus Tours

8 Likes

No, there isn’t that I can see. The portal is pretty basic. There is a place for messages from the school, but not an email account. I see someone just posted a link though.

Thank you! We just signed up for a tour over our spring break in April.

1 Like

Thank you- we signed up for a tour over our spring break and really appreciate the link.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the link! Going on the tour in 1-1/2 weeks!

1 Like

My niece was WListed (she wanted UCSC but had a deposit on Irvine for housing) and around June (?) she got off the WL at UCSC.

1 Like

UCSC has updated the first destination survey to include data up to spring 2021.

https://iraps.ucsc.edu/surveys/first-destination-survey-dashboard.html

3 Likes

Whoa! I guess we completely missed the boat…all on-campus tours through April are filled already? DS was focusing on east coast schools for this Spring Break and missed sign-up.

I hope this isn’t indication of what signing up for classes is like…brutal! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The tours are also for prospective students- and there is two years of pent up demand to see schools for the classes of 2027 and 2028. I wonder if you call the school whether they can do something. Seems like they would want to prioritize the admitted students.

2 Likes

Yes, they seem to indicate that priority is given to accepted students (or ask prospective students to wait), but I don’t know how they would “kick out” prospective students who have already signed up :woman_shrugging:t2:.

Good idea about calling the admissions office!

It looks like there’s an all for a self-guided tour, but I think DS will have to ask questions specific to his major online.

1 Like

I meant that they need to set up more tours to make sure they show the campus to the admitted students. There is not much time until May 1…

1 Like