UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Discussion

Lots of comp sci acceptances… perhaps going out by major ?

2 Likes

I’ve seen some math, bio, poli sci…

1 Like

I saw one tweet just post with only UCSC and a checkmark. Found it by searching just “UCSC” But only one there.

2 Likes

Got in!
Received the email at 1:03PM
UC weighted GPA: 4.4
In-state (SoCal)
Biomolecular Engineering & Bioinformatics

9 Likes

DD accepted, OOS, 3.9/4.3, undecided. Good luck to all!

5 Likes

D22 accepted a few hours ago by UCSC - Psychology major, NorCal resident, 4.0 unweighted GPA, 4 full-year AP/Honors classes prior to senior year (scored a 5 on three AP exams), 5 full-year AP classes this year alone, she’s also an athlete on their radar. Congrats to all those who were accepted, and fingers crossed for those who will be hearing in the coming days/weeks.

7 Likes

Stats?

I’m expecting an acceptance to CS for DS (though I recognize anything can happen). Nothing yet. Last name starts with Ab.

1 Like

For those who’ve already been accepted - are the emails going out at the same time the portal is being updated? Or have you experienced a delay?

Email arrived about an hour after the portal updated. Email received at 1:03 pm pst. In-state music major.

3 Likes

BTW, I’m fairly new here and somewhat daft … did i correctly describe my daughter who is a senior in HS applying to UCSC as a “D22”?

Also, can someone help me calculate UC GPA weighted/capped?
All her classes are UC approved A-G:

10th grade - 7 full-year classes, all A’s, 1 AP + 1 Honors
11th grade - 6 full-year classes, all A’s, 3 AP’s
summer after 11th grade - 1 class at UCLA, A
12th grade, first semester - 6 full-year classes, all A’s, 5 AP’s

Thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Accepted at 1:03 PM for CS, UC capped/weighted GPA was 4.16.

4 Likes

Yes. D for daughter and 22 for her HS graduation year.

And here’s the link for the calculator:
https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Weighted and capped UC GPA comes in at 4.30. (explanation -26 semester units 10th and 11th, all A’s, 10 extra points for AP and Honors. The summer class counts as a single semester at the A with the extra point. So you have 27 total semester units with 11 honors points. UC caps GPA at 8 honors points. All the remaining honors classes count as a 4 on the 4 point scale. None of the 12th-grade classes count for admission GPA.)

3 Likes

Thank you, s318830!!! And yes, the 1 honors course was approved as such for UC purposes.

My D22 OOS was accepted in Molecular, Cell, and Developmental Biology! Don’t know her UC GPA

1 Like

Son got into CS:Game Design. Anybody know whether there is flexiblity to pursue other concentrations if he does not like game design, once he is enrolled.

3 Likes

Wow, so kind of you to take the time to provide all this helpful information.
I am truly thankful.

3 Likes

I modified my response. I realized with the extra honors points it didn’t matter if the Honors class got the extra point or not since she’d already exceeded the 8.

2 Likes

D22 Accepted today. Economics . Instate Norcal
Unweighted 4.0 WGPA 4.89 Capped 4.44.

3 Likes

In terms of the impact from taking excess classes, I truly hope that this is factored into the admissions equation beyond the calculation of the UC GPA for all students.

A student’s curiosity and a willingness to do more work in the formal classroom setting should be acknowledged and appreciated, and they shouldn’t effectively be penalized as a result thereof.

5 Likes