UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

rejected in state csšŸ¤§ oh well

They made such a huge error by sending out email stating there is an update and we waited more than 4 hours to recieve the updateā€¦ dont think UCSC cs department is good (cries please dont feel sad for being reject by ucsc as cs major

1 Like

so was the email a rejection all around or any acceptances? i havenā€™t checked yet

1 Like

Rejected
Checked today and now it is updated.

1 Like

Ugh. Hoping somebody got good news. Anyone?

1 Like

Rejected ooof

still refusing to checkā€¦ someone give me some good news

did he get rejected?

Ours was a ā€˜noā€™.

So sorry. Son is still sleeping. Gotta believe weā€™re all in same boat.

1 Like

it seems like all CS majors that are saying rejected thus far

FAt Lā€™s tdy

I donā€™t know! Heā€™s at school. Iā€™ll post as soon as I hear something. Iā€™m not feeling overly optimistic at this point!

1 Like

Rejected. Astrophysics. Heā€™s planning to appeal, but Iā€™m currently addressing his graduation announcements that state heā€™ll be attending UC Berkeley in the fall. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Son with 4.25 weighted and extensive athletics/ECs rejected from data science.

I know UCSC is doing its best to manage this crazy admissions process, but when seniors are already stressed out by the suspense of being on a waitlist, itā€™s incompetent (bordering on cruel) to send an email saying their status has been updated, when the update doesnā€™t come through until the next day.

Fingers crossed one of the other UC waitlists turns out more favorable. Best of luck to all.

5 Likes

you can appeal after being rejected from the waitlist?

1 Like

Yes. You just canā€™t do it before you are officially rejected.

1 Like

Biology-CMBD
We didnā€™t receive an email, but we checked portal anyway. Itā€™s a ā€œNoā€ for us too.
Iā€™m seriously so grateful for this thread though, it made these last few months at least manageable, with such an anxious college application cycle.

4 Likes

So zero acceptances so far?

1 Like

Just checked the portal, no update yet