UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

My daughter has not received an email and no change on the portal.

1 Like

We are the same. No email. No change.

1 Like

Majors for those with no change please?? Curious to see if just impacted majors received notice

Undeclared social studies

1 Like

My son didnā€™t receive an email. Heā€™s undeclared with an interest in Environmental studies. In-state. 3.9 weighted (I think or around that).

1 Like

Film & Digital Studies

1 Like

I feel like weā€™re hanging on by our fingernails :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

cognitive science

1 Like

Denied admission :disappointed:
Bio major, 3.9 in state, several AP, athletics and working
At leastā€¦
Can now move on and fully focus on Cal Poly Pomona !

1 Like

Itā€™s a ā€œnoā€ for my son for Robotics engineering. All APs and Honors - 4.33 GPA. Good ECs. Such a strange year. Has committed UCI for Applied Physics and is super happy about it. But feels a bit strange that he didnā€™t get in to UCSC.

5 Likes

Got rejected for bio

1 Like

Cognitive Science

1 Like

I canā€™t believe how badly UCSC screwed this up, making these kids wait overnight just to hear theyā€™re all rejected. Sad day for my school and shows how much they care about people. Not the place I remember . :frowning_face:

So literally no one got in today?

D rejected, ecology environmental bio. Got email with blank portal yesterday. Checked portal today for the denial.

In-state 3.95 UW, 4.3 UCW

SIRā€™ed for UCSB

1 Like

My friend told me his son got an email in the early afternoon yesterday about status changed in portal, but before he had a chance to check the portal, there was the 2nd email saying the 1st email was sent by mistake. So he didnā€™t bother to check his portal. Does this also happen to any of you?

Does UC have a local preference like CSU? Just wondering if thatā€™s a factor.

not for UCs

1 Like

Daughters friend got an email this evening- denied for psychology. My daughter is also psych major but hasnā€™t received anything yet

1 Like

Wow! So the rejection wave continues!