UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

My daughter Is Psych as well, but no email for us. I feel like an endangered species :pleading_face:

1 Like

good luck to your daughter!

2 Likes

PoliSci, in-state, no email yet. Not sure if admissions will accept anyone at all this year from the waitlist, it would be very few if any, most definitely none for CS. Feeling sad seeing my daughter is still waiting and hoping :frowning:

2 Likes

Still no email. Do you think theyā€™ll cut us at 5pm and run away for the weekend??

:face_with_peeking_eye:

My son has heard nothing and he is CSā€¦Iā€™m still longing for the acceptance. He seems to have lost hope as heā€™s mapping his classes for community college :weary:

2 Likes

At this point, Iā€™d take it as a good sign if you didnā€™t get an email, but the wait continues. :sleepy:

4 Likes

Yes! Iā€™ll be checking frequently for the rest of the day

1 Like

You survived the CS sweep!! Congratulations to your son!!

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was hoping today was the day that the waitlist movedā€¦come on Santa Cruz! Also waiting on Calpoly SLO, and UCIā€¦he got shut out of the waitlist at UCSD at that last sweep.
:weary:

2 Likes

We survived the UCSB and UCSD sweeps. Stay strong !! :muscle:t3:

4 Likes

How is everyone holding up?

Like a candle in the windā€¦

šŸŒ¬šŸ•Æ

How about you??

3 Likes

Anxious and confused. Do you think theyā€™re doing the same as ucsd by keeping some on the waitlist and then rejecting others? If they closed the waitlist wouldnā€™t everyone just get the rejection letter, doesnā€™t make sense to do it in waves

I honestly wish they would be transparent and tell us. Either no WL admissions this cycle and release us all together or let us know that they are reviewing numbers.

It gets increasingly stressful to be sure!

3 Likes

Itā€™s 5:15ā€¦ā€¦did we make it?? Is admissions closed?? Can we breathe a sigh of relief yet??

1 Like

I just want an answer either way!

4 Likes

Accepted into every UC except this one. Am a little confused.

3 Likes

UC Davis released some WL decisions today afternoon. A few of my friends incl me got rejected for CS.

3 Likes

I was told they keep detailed stats of who accepts offers of admission and reject some people with very high grades to protect their yield.

What do you mean by the first part