UC Santa Cruz Freshman Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

With WL at a trickle for UCSD:

and UCSB and UCD closing their WL Friday, I think we’re at the finish line. Good luck everyone and I wouldn’t have survived this without your insight and support :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Catching up after a couple days. Yikes

Did NOT receive an email as of yet

Major: Cognitive Science

In state

3.6 weighted

2 Likes

and what was your point is stating that. the post was about yield protection. yes, i actually think so. admissions has been doing this for several years now, you would think at this point they would know a thing or two about which student would be the best fit at their campus. also, each campus has its own separate admissions committee, so each campus has its own criteria on who they decide to admit.

I hope this is the last week of waiting!

3 Likes

Anyone hear anything today?

Nothing

2 Likes

Nothing here

1 Like

Looks like today is the day Berkeley promised to update WL students. Wondering if SC is also waiting to see how this impacts their registration?

Anyway, let’s hope we hear something good soon!!

3 Likes

Update from Berkeley WL

August??? FRICK…. :frowning:

I’m confused as to why UCSC sent out waitlist rejections before offering any placements first.

My question exactly

It makes me nervous that they are cleaning house and there are going to be very few, if any, offers :weary:

1 Like

Do you think there will be more rejection waves?

I think it’s very possible. It’s just getting so late

When you see that even their admitted students are being waitlisted for orientation activities, it means there are no shortage in enrollment

1 Like

SCAL events all full too.

1 Like

Wow. I wish they would just send out all the waitlist rejections now so we have an answer one way or another.

5 Likes

These are wait listed students, which means UCSC deemed them worthy of admission, otherwise they would have been rejected outright. And no, I don’t believe for a minute my kid would not have thrived at UCSC. She knows herself better than two admissions readers. In a typical year there would have been space for her and she would have thrived, just as she will at UC Davis where she has committed.

2 Likes

My daughter would thrive there as well. In April we went, spent the night in SC, and explored the campus and city for 2 days. I guess I was overconfident based on past cycles that she was in a good position for a WL offer.

Well, now I’m wondering if this is a “careful what you wish for” situation. Will they get an orientation schedule? Housing? Classes? Being WL so long makes me anxious that resources will be very limited :weary:

2 Likes