****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

I’m sorry I’m late, but I wanted to ask that should a political science major have received the “should you be admitted” paragraph?

I applied poli sci and don’t have that paragraph

Does anyone know what time portals will be updated on the day of decision releases?

what paragraph are you talking about and where was it

@collegefresh7364

Also applied poli sci. Email had this paragraph:

“Should you be admitted, you will need to select a First Year Pathway. All of these pathways offer you high caliber Berkeley (or transferable) courses, housing, and student activities that allow you to build pride, trust, and community with your peers, faculty, and staff. If admitted, you will need to select your pathway after accepting your offer of admission by May 1, 2020.”

I also got that email in February. I applied poli sci

@collegefresh7364 this was the email I got:

As you await your admission decision, we want to provide some information regarding what to do after you receive your decision. All decisions will be released on March 26, 2020. When decisions become available, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to MAP@Berkeley where your decision will be available. If you are admitted, the deadline to accept your offer of admission is May 1, 2020.

Should you be admitted, you will need to select a First Year Pathway. All of these pathways offer you high caliber Berkeley (or transferable) courses, housing, and student activities that allow you to build pride, trust, and community with your peers, faculty, and staff. If admitted, you will need to select your pathway after accepting your offer of admission by May 1, 2020.

Should you be offered a space on the waitlist, you must opt-in if you would like to be considered. If this applies to you, you will receive information on how to complete this process. If space becomes available, we may offer admission to some students who opted-in to the waitlist.

If you do not receive an offer of admission or wait list, it will not be a reflection of your academic abilities. We encourage you to consider all of your other educational opportunities.

We hope you have a great day and GO BEARS!

My brother and I both got that email, and our majors are bio and cs. I don’t think it means much.

My daughter received that email and she wants performing arts/art. I didn’t even know she got it until I asked just now. I guess she was thinking it was pretty generic.

My daughter received that email and she wants performing arts/art. I didn’t even know she got it until I asked just now. I guess she was thinking it was pretty generic.

Waitlisted at UCLA but still hopeful! DO you think it’s still likely I could get in to Cal?

Is your portal background dark blue or white??

mine is white

@amogh97 mines white too, is yours blue?

@randomdancing No, but I was watching college decision reactions and those who got accepted had blue background

is it from one specific year? Or every year? They could have different colors each year or something.

Do you mean the background before you log on or after? My kid got in early (Feb) and the background after you log on is white with the text on a goldish background. Before you log on, the bottom is blue and the top is white.

Did you guys get the happy new year email? My friend received one but I did not

Email was sent back in Feb after UCB Regents awardees got their acceptance letter since people was wondering why certain applicants already found out their status

Thx @redwag - I was responding because people were asking if they got that “as you await” email…I think asking if everyone got it. I didn’t know my daughter had received it. Everyone will know soon!