****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

Got the same paragraph back in Feb…I personally don’t think it means much…Either way we will find out soon enough :slight_smile:

Anyone know what time the decisions are expected to come out, is it like UCLA at 5pm PST or…?

Last year it was like 12pm PST

UCB admissions tweeted on 3/21: Freshman decisions will be released on 3/26 sometime before 11:59 p.m. PST.

I personally didn’t get that paragraph, I applied to the College of Engineering tho . . .

@bruh420 - So do you have an email that only talks about if you are waitlisted or not accepted? The email my daughter received had if you are admitted, waitlisted, or not accepted…and then you’d choose your pathway if admitted…can you share exactly what you received? The email she received seemed generic since it had all three possibilities…Thanks!

As per the previous comments, looks like only the L&S applicants got this paragraph (including my DS, rcvd on 2/16) but might not be other departments.

Any L&S applicant who did not receive such email or paragraph?

Not an L&S applicant and got the email

1. the pathway choice is only for L&S, and just general inf

2. for 12pm release time, that will be first news in the morning of 3/27 ( we’re living in Asia)

Good Luck!

I am a L&S applicant and the following is the email I got:

We realize you’ve been anxiously awaiting your decision from UC Berkeley and want to let you know that your application is currently under review.

While you may have heard that a few applicants received notification of their decision, we are still reviewing the majority of freshman applications.

Freshman decisions will be released approximately late afternoon / early evening (Pacific time) on March 26, 2020, via the MAP@Berkeley portal.

Our records indicate that you have already established your MAP@Berkeley account. Your username is XXXXXXXXXX.

While you’re waiting, we invite you to dive deeper into all that UC Berkeley has to offer! First, check out the exciting ways that you can start your Berkeley career, through one of our First Year Pathways.

ACADEMIC SUPPORT
CLUBS & ORGANIZATIONS
FINANCIAL AID & SCHOLARSHIP
BERKELEY ACADEMIC GUIDE
HOUSING
MULTICULTURAL EXPERIENCE
REC SPORTS
STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITIES

Thank you and Go Bears!

UC Berkeley
Office of Undergraduate Admissions

@redwag thats the email sent in early feb, they sent the first year pathways one a few weeks after

Oh, are you referring to the following email. I got it on Feb 16. Its kind of a weird email if you ask me.

As you await your admission decision, we want to provide some information regarding what to do after you receive your decision. All decisions will be released on March 26, 2020. When decisions become available, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to MAP@Berkeley where your decision will be available. If you are admitted, the deadline to accept your offer of admission is May 1, 2020.

Should you be admitted, you will need to select a First Year Pathway. All of these pathways offer you high caliber Berkeley (or transferable) courses, housing, and student activities that allow you to build pride, trust, and community with your peers, faculty, and staff. If admitted, you will need to select your pathway after accepting your offer of admission by May 1, 2020.

Should you be offered a space on the waitlist, you must opt-in if you would like to be considered. If this applies to you, you will receive information on how to complete this process. If space becomes available, we may offer admission to some students who opted-in to the waitlist.

If you do not receive an offer of admission or wait list, it will not be a reflection of your academic abilities. We encourage you to consider all of your other educational opportunities.

We hope you have a great day and GO BEARS!

Sincerely,
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
UC Berkeley

@redwag you got the second paragraph. So it probably actually is everyone that applied L&S got it

This is reminding me of the 2 vs 4 addresses debate from last year…

okay yall so i did smth stupid when i applied.

i applied to berkeley for a major in psychology and only just now looked into it and realised that i shouldve applied under cell and molecular biology and work on the neurobiology division so. how likely is it that, should i get in and change my major, i will actually be successful in doing so? its a pretty difficult program to get into i saw, so im not too hopeful on this lol

@KBTDPT was it accurate lol?

I took the ACT with writing and got a 31 (pretty decent in my book) because I took the SAT and only got a 1280 (1310 superscored). I also took the SAT subject tests because some of my schools required them or strongly recommended them, but I didn’t do too well (540 on lit and 600 on math). I sent them to the schools who required them obviously, but I also sent them to every school I applied to because I figured it would look good that I took them at all even if I didn’t get a highish score. Was that a mistake? At the time of applying I thought that showing the schools that I took the tests at all would be better but now I’m having second thoughts. Obviously I can’t do anything at this point but I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

I’m pretty sure it was not based on the Class of 2023 thread. People are just anxious!

My son got this version. He applied to Mechanical Engineering.

As you await your admission decision, we want to provide some information regarding what to do after you receive your decision. All decisions will be released on March 26, 2020. When decisions become available, you will receive an email notifying you to log in to MAP@Berkeley where your decision will be available. If you are admitted, the deadline to accept your offer of admission is May 1, 2020.

Should you be offered a space on the waitlist, you must opt-in if you would like to be considered. If this applies to you, you will receive information on how to complete this process. If space becomes available, we may offer admission to some students who opted-in to the waitlist.

If you do not receive an offer of admission or wait list, it will not be a reflection of your academic abilities. We encourage you to consider all of your other educational opportunities.

We hope you have a great day and GO BEARS!

@GPlove I also applied to Mechanical Engineering, and I got the exact same email.