****UCB Freshman Class of 2024 Discussion****

@Eastcoast234 I think everyone who applied to Berkeley should be getting that email if they did not get the message that they were accepted early.

@Jumbinathan yes I think it’s two people on this thread that have reported being admitted today - just read back the last page or so.

Mine got the kiss off email. :wink:

Looks like Cal is pretty consistent in earlier admits and regents invites:
Released first Friday of February, around 3-3:30 pst
Portal update then email

Congrats to those who are invited for regents. Hope you do well in the interview. I remember S2 said it’s mostly personal questions. They have your application and will ask you about the things you list.

Good luck to those who are waiting. Don’t lose hope.

So, whoever didn’t receive a regents scholar invitation, received an email with the subject “applications in review” with the email saying few received notification of decision and they are still reviewing majority of the applicants along with a link to the first year pathways program?

GOT INTO MET BERKELEY UNDECLARD ENG OH MY GOD

Got met eecs interview. Didn’t get accepted today. What r my chances to get accepted in regular eecs??

@CAtransplant
Ok thanks

Got accepted today to Political Science! So excited

My son received early admit to UCB mechanical engineering. He received Feb. 7, 2020 email telling him to check portal update, where he found acceptance letter. Big surprise, since we didn’t know about these early admissions at Berkeley. He heard one other classmate at his high school also received an early admit letter. We are in-state.

Just curious if all early admits were also invited to interview for Regents and Chancellors Scholarship?

My son’s early admit letter (for mechanical engineering) included invite for Regents Scholar interview, as well as invitation to submit supplemental application for SEED Scholars Program (STEM Excellence through Equality and Diversity).

I don’t believe so. It appears that some early admits were into specialty programs like MET but not necessarily regents invites.

Yes only some were given regents and chancellors. I think about 1k get it and 500 receive it. I got the invitation! :slight_smile:

Hey everyone, I just got a UC Berkeley admission yesterday, but I thought results come out late March, so is this a scam? Did anyone experience the same thing? Thanks!

if you’re in MET, msg me for the discord chat link :slight_smile:

Anyone else applying for SEEDS Scholar? Anyone with a family member who has and can give some insight into how it is?

KBTDPT wrote: »
Just curious if all early admits were also invited to interview for Regents and Chancellors Scholarship?

My S was an early admit to L & S yesterday without a regent or chancellor interview invite. We are OOS.

@Staysmiling Nope, I got in for the biology + business major.

Does anyone know if UCLA Regents invitations came out at the same time as Berkeley R&C invitations?

Hi
Does Berkeley (eecs) has limitation that it should offer an admission to certain number of students from so and so school? Or since it’s a public school, is it mandatory to represent majority high schools in the state? And
Thanks