*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

Guys it’s already the 22nd only 10days left… is it normal for cal to release its WL so late? Is this a negative sign?

1 Like

I am starting to believe that they are waiting for a special green light, but I don’t know why and what!!!like they have the list and everything

I also asked ppl in other UCs WL Someone told me that UCSD also had only one wave so far… I’m confused… I’m not sure if I believe the high yield theory but I’m afraid it might be true

Are you sure UCBerkeley had an wave already?

Like @Sandrasun7 said, UCSD has only one tiny wave so far with the WL and according to AOs won’t be using it till June maybe even July. This may apply to other UCs such as UCD and UCI who I believe may not have released many WL decisions yet. I know that UCSB & UCSC have but colleges this year have to take into account a variety of new factors that they’ve never had to consider before due to COVID. They’ll most likely have to see what their county guidelines are saying regarding COVID-19 before they can make any more decisions. This college admissions process is very weird I’m sure on both the students and colleges’ ends. So don’t be so down if they aren’t reaching back right away, I’m sure we’ll hear back in due time! Enjoy your guys’ summers, we all deserve a break!

5 Likes

Couple of questions for you…

Why would COVID-19 county guidelines impact the wait list decisions? (I would think the total number of admitted students would be the same whether or not all COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and students are on campus in the fall.)

Also, I’m sure that I read that all admission decisions are made by June 1. But you heard that AOs said they may extend more admission offers off the wait list in June and July? What all did you hear about that?

Thanks for the information!

Congratulations, and welcome to the University of California, Berkeley. You have been admitted for the fall semester of 2021 to the College of Letters and Science through the Fall Program for Freshmen

(Your Name), you are an excellent match for Berkeley. This offer of admission recognizes your outstanding academic and personal achievements and celebrates the passion, persistence, and convictions you bring to this campus. Even through a global pandemic, an economic crisis, and all the social and political unrest, you have exhibited profound resilience and excellence. You and your loved ones have every reason to be proud of your success.

We want you to shape Berkeley, just as you will be shaped by your experiences here. You join a welcoming and dynamic community that shares your eagerness to challenge the status quo and reimagine the future. Study and work alongside accomplished faculty and distinguished scholars. Forge long-lasting friendships in your quest to intensify your voice. Take advantage of the boundless opportunities and resources that equip you to achieve your career goals and make a mark in the world, wherever your adventure leads.

We are confident in your ability and desire to make our community a place where diversity of thoughts and perspectives come together. You demonstrate extraordinary resilience and ambition and stood out among more than 112,000 freshman applicants for your remarkable energy, curiosity, and creativity. Berkeley is lucky to have you, and you deserve to be here. You are Berkeley!

We in the Berkeley community are delighted to celebrate the unique contributions you bring. Once you are ready, accept your offer of admission in the MAP@Berkeley portal. To secure your place as a Golden Bear, please respond to this offer any time before 11:59 p.m. (Pacific time) on May 17, 2021.

Please remember to read all of your letters linked below, including your Conditions of Admission, and more.

I hope you choose Berkeley on your journey to the future. Welcome to the family. Go Bears!

Sincerely,

BY THE WAY THIS WAS THE LETTER YOU GET IF YOU GOT OFF THE WAITLIST LAST WEEK

2 Likes

I know because my friend sent me this, when they got in last week for L&S FPF program.

As you can see the deadline was 5/17, meaning it’s only been 5 day since the deadline, which hundred percent means that their still working on the waitlist decisions right now. Also just curious, how many of you guys decided to write the optional essay, and what did you write? I will copy and paste my essay here if I can get like 2 more people to share theirs as well.

You guys in east bay? Danville?

1 Like

Where u from, Im Stockton

San ramon

1 Like

Very close to Berkeley I see.

Only 30 minutes, I’m 50 minutes away.

Mill’s college even closer

1 Like

What major did u apply with?
I did nutritional science

Did AO say that they may extend more decisions off the waitlist in June or July? I thought all the decisions would be made by June 1.

1 Like

last year there are many students got off after june 1st
you may check 2024 waitlist thread

Environment science

Does anyone know whether it is unlikely to get off the WL for college of chem?

1 Like