*UCB Freshman Class of 2025 Waitlist and Appeal discussion*

what was the indicator? like what happened?

there was a new admitted students faq

1 Like

yea i think accepted students got the admitted students FAQ instead of the waitlist FAQ before the first wave was released

1 Like

best bet is to start checking everyday for the glitch may 1st onwards. when someone gets the glitch, plz put it on CC.

Wait, there’s already a first wave? When did that happen? I’ve only heard one of my friend got in three days after submitting the opt-in form, that happened a couple days ago

Nothing happened I think…

Does anyone know what the conditions of admission for Berkeley is? I got a c and 5 a for my first semester senior year. Would it not pass the conditions?

at least 3.0 i think

Isn’t there like u can’t get a certain number of c of something?

not that im aware of so im not sure, but i guess a certain number of c’s will get u a <3.0 anyways

In the past, you needed to maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA with no more than 2 C’s Senior year.

Cus they access you based on your essays and stuff like that and give you points based on it. So, I assume they want the better students first, so they prob read the better, more points, students first and then the lower ones as time goes on. This is all speculation of course, it is just what I think makes sense

Which wave contains the most oos acceptances?

source on berkeley assigning points to essays? all i know is they make a yes/maybe/no recommendation

i doubt they using points man thats too much work since they gotta make sure the yield off the WL is good

Ya I have to agree, they have already established that they want us (us being waitlist students). Then again, no one really knows what goes on.

I think major is the most crucial factor for waitlist.

wave 2 → 15th May (as per last year’s record)

Is the acceptance rate for international students off the waitlist really low?

the last year’s thread suggested that first preference is given to IS, while OOS and Intl are treated the same way