UCB Portal Astrology Discussion

They did… kinda.

Before u could determine between a/r/wl. Now its only reject vs accept/waitlist.

I assume its something to do with loading decisions into the portal where they have to have the rejects not be able to withdraw. Actually now that i am typing this, it doesnt make too much sense since I’m not a coding guy lol. But they did attempt to fix it by making it more ambigious.

1 Like

Wish her and all of us best of luck!

1 Like

hi!
i’m a current student at berkeley studying CS under L&S. i have already declared my major and last year i went through the same portal astrology process. from what i saw with my friends at school, the portal astrology with the withdraw button was indeed correct and it should be correct this year as well. if you have some coding background, you can do an inspect element on the withdraw page if you’re authorized and then try to find a javascript function that has something to do with enrollment deposits. if you see this function, then you were most likely admitted. good luck!

5 Likes

can someone who has coding experience, try this out and let the rest of us know

I found this in the javascript code: “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.” Is this what you’re talking about?
But the actual phrasing to the right of the checkbox says something different tho

1 Like

I checked the source code and I see “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.” is this what you were talking about?

Lol we literally said the exact same thing at once

1 Like

Haha guess that proves I’m not crazy

its there in the source code but so far no one is actually seeing that

1 Like

Where did you see that?

I opened inspect in the withdrawal page and searched for “deposit” and there were three results
The first one was inside a JavaScript block

You can also press ctrl + U and then search with ctrl + F for “deposit”

Yeah, I see this in the source code as well

under elements?

Yeah, under Elements and then search for “I will not be coming to UC Berkeley and wish to cancel my admission. I understand that the admission deposit is not refundable.”

can you tell me what the other two results were for deposit? it seems that you were accepted though based on what you said

I too have this

can you use the page source instead? i found the same message in my page source but not in inspect

sure, that should be fine, its just the source code of the webpage

if someone can tell me what the other two results were when searching for “deposit” in the source code then i can confirm. otherwise it might be hard to tell.