UCB vs UCSD vs UCI for International Relations?

<p>Well basically my friend got accepted into these schools but her parents want her to go to Berkeley since its a “good school” but personally, I think ALL of them are good schools. I want her to make an informed decision and not just choose a school based on rankings.</p>

<p>So which school do you think she should go too and why?</p>

<p>Thanks! :)</p>

<p>So, she will listen to you (and a bunch of strangers with varied opinions) over her parents?
Great you show such empathy toward your friend.</p>

<p>Ok well I didn't want to say this but.</p>

<p>Her parents barely know any English, don't know how to read English, don't have college eduction (I doubt they even went to high school). And I'm pretty sure they only reason they want her to go to Berkeley is because her dad's friend's daughter went to Berkeley and bought her parents a Mercedes. And well... you know how Asian parents are.</p>

<p>So excuse me for caring about my friend. I know how cutthroat Berkeley is and I don't think her parents realize that.</p>

<p>Obviously what is said on CC will not be the only factor affecting her decision but I just want some opinions of educated and broadminded people. So any helpful thoughts please?</p>

<p>Well, UCSD is the only UC to have a (Graduate) School of International Relations, has good inter-disciplinary offerings in international relations, economics and political science and offers a wide variety of study abroad options, which is attractive for IR majors.</p>

<p>UCB is excellent for social sciences generally. UCI is well UCI...</p>