UCD vs. UCSB Psychology Department

<p>Hi so it’s getting down to the deadline for me to submit my SIR but I am having a ton of trouble making a decision. Not to mention the fact I’m waiting on appeals from la and berkeley as well as a waitlist at UCSD. My question is based on the major Psychology and academic reputation, which will be more impressive to graduate from with a psych degree? I’m not much of a partier but I’m very social and love a great campus location, but academics come first. Please help me! Alumni or people in the same situation would be great to hear from as well.</p>

<p>I’m in Psych1 at UCSB right now, and its pretty fun so far. Professor is great, and he’s already offered a couple research opportunities to the class for the summer. The class itself requires six hours of research participation as subjects for each student. Supposedly it teaches us about how to be a good research participant/subject. Lol, anyway both schools are a few ranks apart at most so at this point you should just choose where you feel you would best fit in. </p>

<p>I can’t answer your other question about what looks good, but for me, I’m an Econ & Accounting major here and thoroughly enjoy the social and academic scene here. I’m constantly meeting new people and I’ve got a well-paying internship lined up for me during the summer, and possibly a job offer afterwards. So your undergrad will really be determined by how much you seek for yourself as opposed to where you’ll be doing it. And working as in public accounting and earning a CPA directly after college will make it much easier for me to get accepted into a good MBA or Law program as well.</p>

<p>Good luck!</p>

<p>no real prestige difference. SB is ranked ~28, and Davis is ~35. </p>

<p>Go where you will enjoy your four years the best, or which has a better program for you. Davis is strong in Neuroscience, for example.</p>

<p>What did you decide? I am a PhD student in Industrial Organizational Psychology with a double major at UCSB (Psychology and Economics) and an MBA from USC. Based on trends and my experience at UCSB, I can certainly recommend UCSB. It is a great school and has always had a terrific psychology program. Good luck wherever you decided.</p>