UChicago Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2024 Admission

This is the official thread for those applying EA/ED to University of Chicago.

List your unweighted GPA, any SAT /ACT scores, and ECs. What majors are you going into?
Ask your questions, the CC community is here to help!

1 Like

I just submitted my ED 1 Application on nov 1st. My stats are kind of low for UChicago but extremely good for my context, so I’m hoping that the contextual review helps me out. Gpa is 102.5/100, SAT 1490, ACT 32, and top state ranked speech and debate captain. I wrote about going into comp sci with a quantum information sciences minor to pursue research into quantum computing’s effect on cybersecurity protections. I also submitted an abstract of a meta-analysis that I won a first place regional research contest with. Hopeful, but nervous describes how I’m feeling.

1 Like

your stats sound very impressive to me - best of luck to you!

3.7 GPA, 1530 SAT, PA competitive public school. Not great stats for UChicago, hoping the essays will help. FBLA National competitor, Eagle Scout(SPL), HOSA International competitor.

My son applied EA on Halloween. ACT 35, 4.0 unweighted GPA, 5s and one 4 on APs, model UN and model state government, K-13 rep. for new state seal program, state governor’s scholar, state youth leadership program, etc. Wants to double major in political science and history. UChicago is his first choice. He did not submit a video. Should he and is it too late?

Did your son consider ED Vs EA?

1 Like

Yes. He had applied EA, but switched to ED I today.

1 Like

Thank you for checking on your application status! At this time, we have processed all of your application materials, and our committee is in the process of finalizing decisions for Early Action and Early Decision-1 applicants. We will notify you via email when your admissions decision is ready to be viewed; we expect to release admissions decisions in mid-December and will share our decision release date on our website when it is finalized.

in my portal as of a few days ago

Hello all, have people started to get ED1 decisions? heard some decline decisions were sent out yesterday (November 28th). This seems very very early!

Has anyone heard?

Not sure if this is helpful information for the anxious people out here waiting for ED results, but I checked UChicago Admissions Twitter, and it seems that ED1 results have almost always been released anytime between Dec. 17th and the 21st… so there are 5 possible days we could get results >_<

I believe that people who attend certain Chicago public schools get ED1 decisions early. UChicago’s website says: “…any first-year applicant from qualifying Chicago Public Schools and charter high schools who applies to UChicago under our [Early Decision I (EDI) application option] will receive an admissions decision two weeks after completing their full application.”