UCI Merage vs UCSD Rady

My son was accepted to UCI’s Merage Business school as a Biz Admin Major (with CHP status) and also to UCSD as an International Biz major taking classes thru Rady School of Management. He’s not sure which to choose. Any thoughts appreciated. I found a very old thread on this topic but nothing recent.

@Gumbymom
@10s4life

Both are great options but I think that CHP would tip the scales for me. A happy student will be a successful student and both schools will give him an excellent education. For the best fit, I like to look at academics, social scene and finances but you should definitely consider where he wants to spend the next 4 years.

@Collegebd4 UCSD’s Rady School of Management is relatively unknown and is not as established as the other UC undergraduate business schools (UCB Haas, UCI Merage .and UCR Anderson). Therefore Rady offers only a MINOR in some of the business disciplines, whereas UCB, UCI and UCR offers majors in various business disciplines. You will not get the depth minoring in a business discipline as you would in a major. If your son wants to major in business and get more business depth, strongly consider UCI Merage.

Years ago, I know of a UCSD student who wanted to become a CPA. He realized that he could not get the business/accounting major depth at UCSD and his advisor suggested he transferred after a year to a cc. After 1 year at a cc, he transferred to UCSB’s accounting econ program. Now he is a CPA working in a Big 4 firm.