UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

regents invites weren’t sent today right? Looks like these schools keep delaying it now due to influx of applications.

I think most people here are talking about Alumni scholarship, not Regents. Haven’t heard anyone getting Regents yet.

1 Like

just got the alumni email, but i also got it back in early January. i heard that the first emails in January aren’t send out to everyone, while the second email is sent out to most people.

4 Likes

Still no Alumni email for us

Same here. I was told no more essays. Money can’t even motivate my son.

1 Like

My D is done too, won’t do another essay, won’t apply to SDSU honors college, and I don’t have the fight left to try and convince her.

2 Likes

Same here. Son received the invite to apply for the alumni scholarship but he is traveling internationally for ski break, and when I told him about the essays the most I could get out of him was a loud sigh.

1 Like

Is the alumni scholarship everyone is talking about the one sent today around 2:40 with the subject line: “Reminder: UCLA Alumni Scholarship is accepting applications until March 4,2022!”. From the UCLA Financial aid and Scholarships?

3 Likes

Is the alumni scholarship everyone is talking about the one sent today around 2:40 with the subject line: “Reminder: UCLA Alumni Scholarship is accepting applications until March 4,2022!”. From the UCLA Financial aid and Scholarships?

2 Likes

Not sure about the time and can’t remember the message but it was early in the day. I didn’t put any stock or significance in it. I just assumed they are asking most applicants to apply.

Yes. It came in waves and we got the email @5.31 pm

1 Like

The Alumni scholarship - where does one find the link to submit the responses?
My kiddo is totally lost and asked my help. I was feeling happy that he wanted my help but I feel lost looking at the portal.

Help, please.

1 Like

There is a link in the email invite. Need to set up a new account for the scholarship application, not the same as the application portal.

1 Like

For those with sons and daughters applying to TFT Theater, if you haven’t already joined the FB group “BFA Acting Dreams,” please do. I just became a member two weeks ago and have gleaned a wealth of information from seasoned parents regarding its BA program and acceptance process. For whatever reason, there seems to be very little information on this platform and trust it was okay to share what I heard during that information session. I was (still am) pretty green when my daughter started this journey last fall and appreciate reading all the shared thoughts/experiences both here and there. And one of the biggest take-aways from that group historically is that an audition/interview does not guarantee acceptance and not all those accepted were required to audition/interview. With that, keeping fingers crossed and GO BRUINS :yellow_heart: :blue_heart:

4 Likes

@10s4life and @Gumbymom while getting the first alumni scholarship email is no guarantee of admission is it safe to assume that your chances of admission are pretty much nil if you don’t get the first alumni scholarship email?

You need to fill out the general scholarship application first in order to get access to the alumni application

1 Like

Hmmm….BFA Acting Dreams doesn’t come up on search. Is it a different name?

1 Like

No. My daughter got in last year and didn’t receive alumni invite.

7 Likes