UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

• Supporting Materials: UCLA does not accept supporting materials (e.g. recommendation letters, school profiles, resumes) for applicants to The College of Letters & Science or the Samueli School of Engineering. For applicants to the School of the Arts and Architecture, School of Music, School of Nursing, and School of Theater, Film & Television, please contact the school directly to ask about deadlines and any questions regarding the required supplemental application process.
2 Likes

My S25 received an email titled " Feel at home at UCLA" on 2/25/21 from UCLA admission office. He was accepted in March 2021. The email is kind of like a “likely letter”.

2 Likes

So you know of rejected students who didn’t get the email? Thanks for sharing, very much appreciated!

I’m 99% sure it’s a marketing email. But congrats to your Son!

1 Like

According to the UCLA Forum Champion and a recent UCLA graduate @10s4life, it means nothing in terms of admission.

UCLA campus life email has no bearing on admissions. Only two emails that count are regents and alumni scholarship.

@Sha_Liao For your son it was a happy coincidence.

4 Likes

My son received the exact same email last week but not sure if it’s a likely letter.

1 Like

Yes i felt like the letter was generic enough to be sent to all applicants and while certainly cc is a microcosm of the applicant pool, everyone here received it so personally I’d not take that as a likely letter and get my hopes up

2 Likes

March feels like an year - waiting for all the decisions is tough.

11 Likes

Anyone who didn’t receive the “feel at home at UCLA” email? My S26 didn’t receive it. It made me anxious. He did receive the invite for the alumni scholarship.

He hasn’t received any “marketing” emails from UCLA, except the invite above. His brother got admitted into UCLA and is a freshman there. Maybe that is how UCLA knows we loves the school with or without marketing emails :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My D in the same boat. Alumni Scholarship email but no other promotional emails.

D22 received the email on the 02/24. I’m in the “meaningless” camp myself.

We didn’t get but did recieve alumni invite and other marketing emails. I don’t think they matter at all even as I fully expect my son to be denied.

1 Like

Maybe somehow they didn’t subscribe to receive promotional emails from UCLA.

1 Like

My son received both emails but it doesn’t mean anything other than marketing

7 Likes

Got. both, but I don’t read anything into it. From the 2020 class- I knew so many kids with the alumni email that were later rejected.

1 Like

My daughter has received various marketing emails from UCLA. Most with the subject UCLA Admissions. Her heart stops for a second every time she opens them. I don’t think they mean anything.

They dont mean anything. They need to send emalis with better subjects so as to not give anxiety to applicants.
I think the only email with strong admission correlation is the Regents email.
Even Alumni has got diluted in last couple years since it is sent to a large group now.

3 Likes

For those who are not receiving marketing emails, check your spam or promo folders.

3 Likes

My daughter never received an alumni email and she was accepted.

5 Likes

How long ago? Thanks