UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Does that imply that results might be delayed? Or are they simply changing how they are handling Regents this year?

(not expecting a Regents invite for my D, but wondering what the impact might be on the decision timeline)

1 Like

We do not know of any students who were invited to apply for Regents at the beginning of February so it looks like they are changing how they award that scholarship. Sometimes schools are slow at updating their websites.

I don’t believe it implies anything and I don’t believe it will impact the timeline for admission decisions.

4 Likes

With ~ 100,000 applicants and very few (hundreds?) Regents invites, it is possible that none of the invitees are here on this board.

2 Likes

It could be but usually we hear chatter about it here or on Reddit.

4 Likes

If someone got he Regents, this is definitely one of the places to “showoff”.

2 Likes

Do you know when decisions will be out?

Regent invites or regular decisions? Regents??? Regular Decisions 3rd Friday of the Month = March 18 based on historical data.

1 Like

Hello, I was just wondering if a 3.83 uw/4.4 w gpa is competitive for UCLA CS and Engineering major. I only learned after applying that the median gpa was something crazy like 4.0 so now I don’t know if I even have a chance.

Are those your UC GPAs?

1 Like

What are your 3 UC GPA’s? GPA Calculator for the University of California – RogerHub

GPA. 25% - 75%
Fully Weighted GPA: 4.35-4.72
Unweighted GPA: 3.94-4.00
Capped Weighted GPA:4.19 - 4.32

GPA is not evaluated within a vacuum. UC’s use 13 areas of criteria for review applicants with GPA, HS course rigor and PIQ’s considered Very Important. With an 11% acceptance rate overall, UCLA should be considered a Reach for all applicants.

2021 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 3.80-4.19 capped weighted and not major specific:
UCLA: 6%

2021 Freshman admit rates for UC GPA of 4.20 or above capped weighted and not major specific:
UCLA: 29%

3 Likes

My UC gpa is 3.83, my fully weighted is 4.4, and my capped is 4.16

I understand that UCLA is a reach for all but it seems that they value gpa a lot so I wanted to know if mine is too low or if it was still competitive enough.

Why is my capped the same as fully weighted?

Your Fully weighted UC GPA is within range but the other 2 are below the 25th percentile. What does this mean? I am not in admissions and I do not have your application in front of me so I cannot really comment. The GPA only data shows it will be a tough admit. Hope for best but prepare for the worst.

Sorry that I cannot be more help but the reality is with over 140,000 applicants the majority of applicants will be rejected

3 Likes

Because you must not have taken > 10 semesters of APs/honors classes. The capped limits the # to 10.

Thanks for the response. I also had one more question. Do community college/ dual enrollment courses get an extra weighted point as well? Because if they do then my fully weighted gpa would be a 4.6

You get 1 extra weighted point for each semester of DE classes taken that are UC transferable.

Is there a way I can see if they are transferable? I’m not from California so I couldn’t find anything online.

I thought uc cap limit was 8.

3 Likes

Assist.org lists UC Transferable CA CC courses. You would have to match your course descriptions with the CA CC classes.

Look at this link for more help: https://caac.ucla.edu/academic-planning/ge-articulation-agreements/

1 Like