UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

the numbers vary by year…but to ballpark it you could take a look at UCLA Henry Samueli School of Engineering and Applied Science - Wikipedia

could get a sense if it is a few dozens or a dozen dozen

Does anyone know how competitive UCLA’s physiology major is for incoming freshman?

1 Like

If the major is housed in the College of Letters and Sciences, then an applicant is not admitted by major and you are free to change majors within the College.

You can declare a major, or apply as undeclared, on your UC application form. For freshmen applying to a major in the College, your choice of major will neither help nor hurt your prospects for admission. In fact, a large number of freshman applicants apply as undeclared. The UC application allows you to choose an alternate major, but we only guarantee the review of first-choice majors.

1 Like

thank you

1 Like

are we pretty positive decisions will be released at 5:30 pacific time on friday?

1 Like

If the release were at 5pm, would that mean I would hear back at my 5pm (New Hampshire) or at California’s 5pm?

Pacific standard time, California time.

1 Like

How much easier is the admit into UCLA CLS as compared to engineering/CS? Do you think the acceptance rate % is appreciably higher?

1 Like

The admit rate for CLA was 13% with an overall admit for UCLA of around 11%. Not a huge difference.

Admissions | UCLA Academic Planning and Budget

1 Like

% may not be markedly higher, but i wonder if there was a bigger delta in the stats of accepted students in CLA versus STEM?

Does anyone if UCLA will admit more in-state students this year than in previous years. The whole Berkeley ordeal definitely caused a rift in the UC system so was just wondering if things would change at all.

3 Likes

so UCLA has released decisions on this Friday in March for the last 3 years. However, UCLA web site says decisions by 4/1. Does anyone have any other info from the school or counselors that suggest it will by 3/18? Surprised/Glad to see this thread so mellow compared to other college threads. My DS22 & DD22 are anxiously awaiting their decisions. They were admitted to UM via EA and that thread is very stressed out

2 Likes

What are you talking about? That thread is as calm as Kyiv.

1 Like

Hasn’t @10s4life confirmed March 18? I believe UCLA historically has sent out decisions on the third Friday.

Since CLA houses the majority of majors at UCLA, there probably is wider variation in admitted stats for these students than in the College of Engineering.

:joy:
just to clarify, UMich thread i was referring to

1 Like

Not sure that’s the case since they let you apply “undeclared” into CLA, so it doesn’t seem like they differentiate between intended majors for admissions.

I know they do not admit by major and overall UCLA is a competitive campus but with so many different types of majors in CLA, just based on the number of students admitted 11944 vs. 2519 in Engineering, statistical I would think there would be slightly more variations in the admitted stats.

1 Like

Agreed, i think … if you are suggesting that pretty much all admits into STEM have extremely high stats whereas in CLA there could more flexibility to take lower stat students who have other impressive qualitative attributes.

2 Likes

HI, have any got a notification via Informed Delivery about a package USPS in possession of item from LOS ANGELES,CA 90046 with expected delivery date March 19th?

2 Likes