UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

So interesting how you can feel the vibe of different schools even on CC threads.

16 Likes

Could be tommorow 5 pm PST

2 Likes

Yes, I guess they received a grant that they are using to admit a larger amount of in-state students. I believe they tend to admit less than they hope to because they get a lot more money from out-of-state students :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Anyone know if there has been any previous portal astrology for UCLA?

8 Likes

I know berkeley has a login for admitted students and if you were admitted you could login in previous years. Dont think we do for UCLA.

We just discovered that there is no UCLA protal like UCI, SD, Sb etc. So when we went into the admissions status today, discovered that kid had received a request for supplemental information and of course, since she didn’t know, she didn’t respond. Kiss of death for the application? or think there is still a chance? Thanks and Good luck to all!

4 Likes

Is there an actual time the portal opens and decisions are available tomorrow? I’ve seen 4pm? I’ve seen 5pm? Thanks.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion:

My daughter is a current soph at UCLA and was asked to turn in supplemental essay. I truly think it helped her admission but we also have a friend who wrote a supplemental and was denied admission so I’m not sure if there is a benefit or not. Good luck! I really believe every one ends up where they are meant to be!

4 Likes

Our portal states our status as Application Received. I assume everyone has this? Usually schools change the status to “under review.”

Yes, my application status is also “Application Received”

2 Likes

Thanks. I started to panic that all this time there was something wrong that we didn’t catch.

2 Likes

Any confirmation yet from UCLA that decisions will be posted today? Maybe later this morning?

I think it always depends on a few core posters who help set the tone.
They are impartial and helpful with questions and gently steer the discussion if it is getting off-track.
You are right about the contributions of @Gumbymom @lkg4answers and others

8 Likes

It will not be this morning. It would be hugely disruptive to all California students and high schools to get a UCLA acceptance or denial in the morning while at school… on a Friday. Do hope it’s today though.

10 Likes

5 PM PST is when they have been historically posting.

10 Likes

Is that the same with UCSD?

The UC’s tend to post decisions between 3 PM to 5 PM PST. Usually at end of the day for the admissions staff

4 Likes

I think the poster was asking whether the confirmation about decisions would come out this morning, not the decisions themselves. At least that’s how I read it.

6 Likes

Not a kiss of death but the supplemental could have helped if she is borderline applicant. Only time will tell. Best of luck to her.

2 Likes

Reading is fundamental and I fundamentally misread the posted question! Sorry about that.

2 Likes