UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Gpa, AP’s, college courses, extra curricular

DD rejected in-state
4.0 UW
4.33 UC C&W
4.5 W
Nationally ranked athlete/awards and other solid ECs. Great PIQs and recs.
Not shocked, but still disappointed.

2 Likes

WL UCLA… second WL today after UCSD only accepted UCI for bio/pre-med

ELC, 3.9 / 4.62
international & industry level medical research ECs

i feel like if i have any advice for my younger self, it would be to not get those 2 Bs. my grades are the only reasons why i suspect my admission was WL… so close yet so far. i honestly cannot describe my emotions right now

4 Likes

What major?

1 Like

Denied in state, Psychology. Great candidate but not meant to be. Congratulations to everyone who was accepted today!

4 Likes

Accepted. In state Biochemistry. Uci Portal wont load. Also accepted. UCSD. Today was a very good one indeed.

10 Likes

Waitlisted but accepted Berkeley Regents.

8 Likes

waitlisted
also waitlisted at sd and irvine
accepted at santa cruz and davis
4.0/4.33/4.33
in state
mathematics major

1 Like

how do you know your spot on the waitlist?

Here you go: http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/t/ucla-class-of-2026-waitlist-appeal-discussion/

1 Like

There is no way to know your spot on the waitlist and UCLA will not tell you. All you can do is opt in and hope for the best.

2 Likes

Accepted OOS Neuroscience Major
Stats:
Top 1% of class
3.87 UW, 4.71 W
18 APs, 17 Dual Enrollment
STEM focused ECs
Lots of leadership and community service (800+ hrs)

12 Likes

Could you share some stats? Congratulations :confetti_ball::balloon:

D22 Accepted!!! :tada:
Oh my gosh, we are so excited - screaming and dancing around! :slight_smile: Her #1 choice!
In state
Environmental Science major.
UC UW 4.0
UC Capped W 4.31
UC uncapped W 4.54
Excellent extracurriculars (international elite athlete, entrepreneur, community service)
Strong essays

Admitted also to UCD and UCSC (College Scholar)
Waitlisted at UCSD
Rejected UCI
Waiting still on UCB and UCSB

Also in at Cal Poly SLO, Loyola Marymount (Aruppe Scholar), University of San Diego (Alcalá Scholar), Santa Clara, SDSU (Webers Honors College), Cal State San Marcos, UNM (WUE-Plus Scholarship + Honors College), NAU (Gold Scholarship), Goucher (Presidential Scholar), University of Washington (Purple & Gold Scholarship)

18 Likes

D22 Waitlisted. Accepted into UCSD and all other UCs so far including honors at UCI and Hornors/Scholarship at UCSC. So this is a huge disappointment for my D. Seems all of her close classmates were waitlisted as well with much lower grades as her. So there is huge randomness to this it feels like. Wonder how much the effect the volume of apps had on the quality of acceptances. Oh well we may never know. Onward.

2 Likes

:confetti_ball::balloon::tada::champagne:

2 Likes

Did anyone else not hear? When I saw that many people got a decision this evening, we thought they all went out. But my D has not received anything. Anyone else?

Have you checked the portal or waiting for an email?

She will LOVE Mich if she goes. Alumni here!

4 Likes

You got into Cal Poly SLO, yes? You and my daughter (also math, bay area) are playing out the same story. She got weight listed or rejected at all UC’s she applied to so far. :face_exhaling: Fortunately, she is happy about SLO.

6 Likes