UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

up until his UCLA acceptance, my son felt a similar way- this has been a brutal year. I am so grateful for the UCLA acceptance right now for the boost he needed in his confidence and self-esteem. I know they shouldn’t wrap their feelings towards this process and acceptances arent necessary to validate self worth but in this high pressured time for kids it’s hard not to - easier said than done. I feel for those kids right now as we have been there

13 Likes

Top 10 most applied Universities for 2021:

1. UCLA
  2. UC San Diego
  3. UC Irvine
  4. UC Santa Barbara
  5. UC Berkeley
  6. NYU
  7. UC Davis
  8. Penn State- University Park
  9. Cal State Long Beach
  10. University of Michigan- Ann Arbor
9 Likes

Wow, I’m a little surprised that UCB is not a little higher up on the list. Any thoughts as to why?

She is impressive. :heart: Rank 9 of about 500.

1 Like

I cannot say why UCB”s application numbers are not higher, but historically they have been always way behind UCLA especially for Freshman. From my own experience with my kids, relatives and friends that I helped with their UC applications, very few applied to UCB (did not like the campus or vibe) while the majority applied to UCLA (high marks for campus and vibe).

2 Likes

accepted! biology
stats

• gpa - 4.08
  • aps - 0 (not available at my school)
  • honors - 13
  • extracurriculars - heavily involved in 10+
8 Likes

Accepted out of state to Neuroscience major.

Waitlisted at UCSD.

4.59 WGPA
3.85 UWGPA

Lots of extracurriculars and 2 year captain of lacrosse team

5 Likes

Waitlisted for Data Theory
In-state
ELC
Two sports, dedicated community service at the same two organizations (I was founder and president of one)
UW 3.86 - UC capped 4.29, UC uncapped 4.42
Lots of APs (Govt, US History, Comp Sci, Calc AB, Stats, Econ etc) 5 years science, 6 years of math, 3 years of foreign language

Rejected; UCI, Johns Hopkins, UNC, UT
Accepted: SDSU (December with honors invite), Cal Poly SLO, UCD, Purdue, and a few others.
WL: UCLA, UCSD
Waiting on: UCSB, Cal, USC and a few more out of state privates.

This decision was a tough one for me. UCLA is my top choice for UCs.

2 Likes

Accepted UCLA CS and UCSD CS (Muir) and got Regents 5K/20 K total at UCSD.
NorCal/Instate
4.0 No B’s all HS and 4.74 Weighted
8 Ap’s 10th/11th grade year & taking 4 more this year. So 12 total.

CP SLO - Pending
SJSU CS Accepted
UCD W/L

Waiting on UCSB & Berkeley EECS & then will make decision between UCB/UCLA/UCSD.

8 Likes

Forgot to add also W/L at UCI for Software Engineering.

who got into ucla and wasnt waitlisted at UCI? i saw a couple, but several were waitlisted. my son in 2019 also got into all UCs and waitlisted at UCI

1 Like

Forgot to add acceptances/rejections previously:

S accepted To CS; in-state, Southern CA
4.0/4.65
6 APs (5s except one 4), 4 more senior year
Captain of robotics
Started 3D club sophomore year
Some community services, math tutor
National merit commendable

Accepted (all CS): UCLA, UCSD (first choice-Muir) UCI, UCR, CalPoly SLO, CalPoly Pomona, Cal State Fullerton, SDSU

Rejected: Stanford early decision, UT Austin

Waiting for: UCSB, UCB, USC

3 Likes

For those interested in how UC compares GPAs across schools, or students within the local context, you can Google Search UC Infocenter and there are lots of very detailed stats available by school that show your HS’s specific application and admissions and enrollment history.

Pretty commandable to get into CS in both colleges. Good luck for Cal!!!

After getting into UCLA, did anyone receive any emails?

I don’t think my kid got one yet

They haven’t sent out anything yet which I am assuming is because of the weekend. Hopefully tomorrow…

Alright cool thanks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

my friend got into UCLA and was rejected from UCI.

1 Like