UCLA Admissions Class of 2026 Discussion

Thank you! To be crystal clear, I do NOT want to pursue medical school. Good advice all the same. I will look at all of the major offerings in science. Engineering is not a passion so no challenge there. My initial thought is bio/pharma research so I will ask my advisor about that type of track.

1 Like

Sorry, I edited my responses. Great that you do have a planned area of interest associated with your Biology major. Best of luck.

2 Likes

Is UCLA a bad place for a student who is pretty undecided about their major? My daughter has a lot of interests in the arts and humanities and wants to be able to explore different fields. Does UCLA make that challenging to do? I’m wondering if she’d be better off at a small LAC.

2 Likes

You may want to ask questions about Cornell LLs on that thread or directly via DM, rather than on this UCLA thread.

1 Like

Great idea. I just didn’t see a thread for it.

1 Like

Does merit aid come a week after the decision?

I think last Tuesday. He has a friend at school who also got one.

Your advice is always spot on! I see so many bio majors and unless you are going into teaching or medical school I often wonder what the job prospects would be. Thank you for giving up so much of your time to help others.

4 Likes

Son got into UCB (early), UCLA, UCD, UCSD, UCSB, but W/L at UCI

9 Likes

:-1:

2 Likes

So sorry about your daughter’s leg. I hope she has healed and that she is happy and healthy, and that the rest of the application process goes well for her.

As for UCLA, perhaps the result is for the best. UCLA and surrounding communities take Covid seriously, and if more precautions again become necessary your family may not have been happy with the level of response.

4 Likes

Hi Gumbymom, thank you for all the guidance and advice you provide for all of us. Can I ask a specific question privately that you might be able to provide insight regarding L&S vs COE at UCLA?
Thanks.

Sure PM me

Does anyone know if there is a revisit day or bruin day for admitted students ? I believe I heard April 9.

Yes check the UCLA site we reserved for the 8 th also for anyone interested the 9 th and 10th is Pride Admit weekend just for lbgtq admits that want a more personalized intro - UCLA is the only campus that has that (acc to the website).

Ps son admitted to UCLA Davis and Santa Cruz and waitlisted UCSB for physics.

1 Like

What days are available. We can’t get it open again. Thanks

There are several events you can register for through your admissions portal. I am traveling out there from PA for a tour on April 2nd. I will miss the larger student presentations on the 9th but they have several tours the first and second weeks of April specifically for accepted students.

Any suggestions about what I MUST see? I am hoping to get a good feel for the campus. I appreciate the info!!

1 Like

Dumb question- is that twitter? Or is that FB and your child committed and you were allowed access?