UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

Is ucla alumni scholarship require interview in order to get it? Thank you.

This calculator gives you capped weighted, weighted, and unweighted.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/

Does UCLA alumni scholarship require interview in order to get it? Thank you.

Hi! I got the Regents invitation on Tuesday and was wondering what this means for admission! How likely is it to get rejected after receiving the invite? I have gotten my hopes up a bit and am worried I’ll be disappointed!

@ieejp2021 it means you are one of the top applicants so there is a very good chance that you will get admitted but it is not guaranteed.

Out of curiosity, how can one be one of the top applicants but not be admitted? Is it reliant on first semester grades?

1 Like

I think its top applicants academically, so not taking into consideration other aspects of the application.

Ah! I thought it was from the holistic review!

@10s4life can you lend some perspective about the likelihood of one receiving a regents invite and not being accepted?

Are you instate or OOS? Thx

In state! LA area :slight_smile:

@lkg4answers It cannot be said officially since it is not the official decision but it is essentially a 99.9% chance of getting admitted if invited for the regents scholarship. I have not seen or heard of an admit with a regents invite and not getting admitted. Since Regents targets the top 1% of the student body, getting invited for Regents would safely but the applicant within the 10-18% admit rate zone. The Regents scholarship selection includes both academic and non academic factors.

5 Likes

Son received the alumni scholarship email mid-January. Earlier this week, as an alumni, I received a request to participate in scholarship reading weekend (won’t participate in First Year round due to the very remote chance of a perceived conflict). Dates of the reading are March 20 and 21.

Based on the communication, it is unclear if that will mean the scholarship awards will be known at the same time of the acceptances… but does indicate that they are recognizing the importance of the scholarship in terms of student decision making process perhaps more than in the past (especially in light of current economic conditions).

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. There are some YouTube videos of previous training sessions for readers. Normally the alumni don’t start reading scholarship applications until the day admissions are announced. Then it is a race to choose candidates and let them know as soon as possible in order to encourage them to attend UCLA.

In a normal year, the Alumni Association tried to notify award winners before Bruin Day. Last year when students didn’t have the opportunity to visit schools after acceptance, they made their SIR decisions very quickly, many times before the virtual open houses.

I think it is a smart move for UCLA to send out as much info as possible at the time of acceptance.

1 Like

Are you sure the Alumni scholarship doesn’t go out to everyone? The 2 emails I received were very general and says “as a UCLA Applicant you are invited to apply.” So I think it goes out to everyone because everyone can apply.

The Alumni scholarship email doesn’t get sent to every applicant. We’ve had posters here state they didn’t receive it.

1 Like

Was there any clarification as to whether or not everyone who applied received the alumni scholarship invitation or if there was some type of screening process ?

Based on the additional questions required for the Alumni scholarship application, my guess is they probably sent out to students who chose the leadership question? Just a guess!

The first email is a personal invitation . The reminder is generic .

I see what you are saying… hmmmm. I just don’t know if I even have a chance to get into UCLA so debating to spend the time to answer the essay…

1 Like