UCLA Class of 2025 Discussion

If we apply for alumni scholarship, do they ask me for interview?

I didnt receive this mail

Look in your junk folder that is where I found mine.

Yeah I checked all those. Inbox, spam, etc I didn’t receive anything unfortunately.

When did you gett the mail?

Jan 22 received the email for alumni scholarship. My D did not select to answer the question about leadership in her essays. We didn’t receive a reminder email though

1 Like

D received 1/22 but did answer leadership questions. She also did not receive the reminder email like most.

I have twins. Both got it. One has not much leadership.

Sorry @Peter2025 I know you have asked that several times. In the past they did ask for an interview. Someone up thread said that they are not interviewing this year. I don’t know if that is true or not.

Do you all mean the leadership question as in the UC piq, first essay prompt asking them to describe any leadership activity that impacted others? My S21 did answer that and got the alumni invite email on 1/22 and last week a reminder email as well.

That PIQ Leadership essay is an interesting theory. Both of my kids answered that question. My '17 child (who was not admitted to UCLA) did not receive an Alumni Scholarship invite but that was the first year they had PIQ and I think the invites were more selective. My '20 child received both the Alumni and Regents invites and was accepted.

Neither of my twins answered the question and both got the invite. One has leadership experience; one does not.

1 Like

my s son got the email with following, does it mean he is possibly accepted?

As a UCLA applicant, you are invited to apply for one of the university’s oldest and most prestigious scholarships offered by the Alumni Scholarships Program. If you’ve already applied for the Alumni Scholarship, thank you, and please disregard this message.

Sorry, it’s likely not yet. Many people have received the same email. We just need to be a little more patient and see the results in late March.

Everyone does not receive an invitation to apply for the Alumni Scholarship. Also, an invitation to apply for it does not indicate you will be accepted. I do not think not getting the invitation means you will not receive acceptance to the University. My guess is there are other reasons one may not get the invite, application under special review or something, as an example.

It’s a good sign, but not definitive either way. I found that out the hard way last year

My D is a current UCLA Student and is a recipient of Alumni Scholarship. So, just sharing what I know (which may or may not be correct) about Regents and Alumni.

1. Regents Scholarship - If you receive an invite, there is an extremely high chance of admission. If you don’t receive an invite, there is still chance of admission.
  2. Alumni Scholarship- If you receive an invite, there is a chance of admission, but not certain at all. If you don’t receive an invite, there is still chance of admission.

I think there is more analysis than needed that is happening in this forum. I do understand though as we were in the same boat. Best of luck to all, and March 19th is coming soon!

@Gumbymom @10s4life - thank you so much for your patience and guidance!

Go Bruins!

1 Like

Did you get the invite last year and not get accepted ? What was your major ?

I got the alumni invite and got all excited, and I was then rejected. Econ major.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the story. I hope you ended up in a great school that fits you better. I won’t get overly excited about the invitation for my son then :slight_smile:

@D4Mom Aww congrats to your daughter and glad it all worked out last year. Hope everything has been well. Those statements are correct. For the alumni scholarship last leaked numbers put it at a 60% correlation of admission. As always, the topic is overly analyzed each year. But good thing March is coming soon enough.

3 Likes