UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

someone on reddit said that they knew someone last year who said decisions come between 3-5 PM pst - is this true? i thought they always release in the morning

1 Like

idk but ive been checking all day and nothing :sob: the regular decisions come out around 5pm pst so it would only make sense

2 Likes

:disappointed: rip

Was there information in your portal?

no lol

Why? The appeal is that something was missed, not included, a big award later received and that if that information had been considered the student would have been accepted and not denied.

I don’t think a major school like UCLA has ever cleared the entire waitlist. if the appeals were only considered after the entire wl had been cleared, there would be no point to appeals at all.

5 Likes

looks like this year might be worse than last year? barely anyone’s heard back. weird, i thought some ucs stated that they underenrolled this year

4 Likes

My daughter got in off of the waitlist this morning OOS!

7 Likes

Congrats!

To what major?
And is she going to accept?

I got in today OOS! Pre Business Economics!!! Email came at 12:03 PM EST.

9 Likes

Congrats!

1 Like

Congrats!! Did not know they send emails on weekends! Great to know!

2 Likes

Letters and Science, undeclared.
She has until Thursday to decide. We have a lot to think about, she is super excited about the acceptance though!

3 Likes

congrats!

Congrats! I was wondering what state?

1 Like

New York!

1 Like

My son got off today for pre psychology OOS.
But we’ll deny.
Good luck!

6 Likes

Thank you and your son for denying!! I hope he has the best time wherever he’s going, his place will be passed on to someone waiting! Thank you for this!

1 Like

Did anyone who got off today write a lot in their waitlist statement letter or just a grade update / nothing? Congrats to all who got in!!

1 Like

I did a senior year grade update and talked about some new extracurriculars/internship/job. At the end I reaffirmed I would attend if accepted. It wasn’t too long, maybe 4-5 sentences.

7 Likes