UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

I saw that some appeals were denied. I was waitlisted at cal and denied at ucla so i appealed. However my appeal is not denied nor approved yet. It shows still in review. Anyone in this situation?

2 Likes

Got in from NY at 12:03 PM yesterday for Linguistics & CS. It’s going to be a tough choice between that and UIUC.

3 Likes

I wrote a 550-word “Why UCLA” statement essentially and didn’t include my first sem grades because they weren’t the best. I included some major updates (STS Top 300, etc.) and talked about all the classes, professors, and clubs I’d join at UCLA.

1 Like

I’m a first year ling and cs that got off the waitlist last year. Feel free to reach out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I didn’t see this. Yes, I had 2

1 Like

My daughter got in yesterday, OOS PA. A much more difficult decision now than it would have been a month ago, now that she has fallen in a little love with Berkeley, loaded herself and us up with Cal gear, and even found her roommates already. She has until Thursday to decide.

7 Likes

Let’s hope for the best

3 Likes

Today??

6 Likes

really hoping in state decisions come out sometime this week. hoping i hear some good news before graduation :crossed_fingers:

12 Likes

@Bob_facked - I was wondering, do you know if your classmates accepted UCLA or not?

She has decided to accept!!!

6 Likes

Congrats!!!

have instate decisions always been this late/rare in past years?

5 Likes

From everyone that I personally know that got admitted, they are all going to attend.

2 Likes

congrats on your graduation! hopefully there is good news for not only both of us but for everyone else that’s waiting for it also!

5 Likes

Yeah, last year I would guess out of ~200 accepted off wl, there were probably 50 max in-state

1 Like

Does anyone have ideas if they would accept any more intl students this year? I’m an international student and till now I’ve only heard of a few getting off in my country. Really stressed out and anxiously waiting

2 Likes

What makes you say that

Me too

1 Like

so possibly a wave this thursday since that is the deadline for ppl who got in saturday to accept?

1 Like