UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Mine also. Because it’s rolling may it mean that people who submitted the wait list letter first have an advantage? I submitted mine on the 19th of March (one day after i got my decision back).

No, it states on the page its not first come serve

3 Likes

I wonder if it’s still plausible for OOS kids to get off.

I’ve seen students commit to a UC and then wait till the last minute when first quarter/semester tuition is due to back out— that is September for ucla. So ucla won’t have a true headcount of enrolled students until September. That said, most of us will hear by end of June.

If you don’t want to wait and continue the anxiety, simply notify UCLA that you don’t want to wait any more. Remove yourself from the waitlist.

So have we even seen a wave of l&s + in state ?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Since you brought it up how about you do it for us? If they wanted to accept you it would open up one more seat on the waitlist that you won’t have.

2 Likes

and that the rest of us would have a chance at

2 Likes

What a brilliant response from a smart guy ! Why didn’t I think of it ? Just remove yourself from the waitlist and problem solved !!

But you were saying, UCLA should end the suffering. You have the power to end it too, just tell them you don’t want to be on the waitlist. Hundreds of students offered a spot on the wait list did that or have left the list since May 1.

Others DO want the continued hope, will stay on the waitlist until August if allowed to do that. Only you can determine if the anxiety is worth it for the smallest hope, for the mere chance of going to UCLA. But it is within your control to end it now.

Schools would not put 3000 students on a waitlist knowing they’ve never come close to letting in that many if they wanted to be kind. They could deny all, keep a secret waitlist (or a reasonable one of 10% of the admission goal), and later contact some of those denials and still be able to fill the class. I don’t know if that makes students less anxious but I do think it is kinder to just deny them at RD.

A friend is waitlisted (different school) and is absolutely convinced if he had only applied earlier, written a slightly different statement that he’d have been admitted. He doesn’t even know how many are on the waitlist so is he one of 50 or of 500? IMO, false hope. He’s considering reapplying next year. I do think that will make him happier as then he’ll know and not always wonder what could have been. but that’s within his control too

probably just a minor outage or something but if we’re reaching for straws this could mean something for decisions being sometime soon

nevermind, just logged in again and it disappeared. false alarm

1 Like

Any in-state today? It is 9.40 am PST

I think someone mentions, at this point, probably If an opening happens then they will act. So I am not expecting a wave of accepts off the waitlist at this point. Probably they will send out a wave of decisions end of July. Nobody knows for sure.

1 Like

Housing applications for fall 2022 are due June 8. At that point, I would assume some people will get off the waitlist. Ucla is waiting to see how many matriculated students are actually coming to campus next fall (versus those who accepted admission, paid the $250 deposit, then accepted their waitlisted school). I’m disappointed with the way ucla is handling this waitlist situation.

6 Likes

Everyone here hopes you are right. But I doubt ucla will act based on housing applications. Some students could choose to live off-campus. We all are disappointed by the long wait. When they have almost 150000 applicants, keeping everyone happy is not their highest priority.

4 Likes

I believe it is extremely difficult to transfer into the UC’s unless you are coming from an in-state CC.

1 Like

By the way, UCLA only accepts junior transfers. Unless your friend wants to take a gap year, he has to wait another 2 years before applying. I hope this helps!

1 Like

I didn’t say anything about a friend trying to transfer into UCLA. It’s a different school and different program entirely, but the same principles about waitlists apply. Most schools have a HUGE number of students on the waitlist and you have no idea if you were the next one up or if you missed getting a spot and there were 2000 people in front of you.

One can reapply to a UC the next cycle if no classes are taken at all after hs graduation. You wouldn’t be a transfer but a freshman after a gap year.

3 Likes