UCLA Class of 2026 Waitlist/Appeal Discussion

Can you share what Major did you transfer into UCLA? Is it the same major as your current one at another UC? Assume that you will be a Junior in the fall? Thanks.

I applied with gender studies and was a gender studies major at my other uc!

2 Likes
3 Likes

Someone on the reddit thread said they’ve called admissions yesterday and the waitlist will, allegedly, be closing in early July. Hopefully it ends there and we can finally take a sigh of relief.

1 Like

Got in off the waitlist for UCLA - 7 AM in the morning. Political science major. I think the WLs update every Thursday around 7AM.

3 Likes

In state or transfer!!!

Instate, OOS, Int’l? Freshman or Transfer? Ty !

Thursday sounds right. My son got off WL on Thursday June 9, early morning. He is pre-econ, transfer from CCC/in-state.

2 Likes

In-state California Community College

1 Like

in-state and transferred from California community college right?

It looks like the other UC’s are sending out rejections for their in state waitlists - UCSC and UCSD just sent out a bunch of in state rejections if you go to their blog pages. I hope this isn’t a pattern across the board where they accept out of state off the waitlists but not in state.

4 Likes

I feel like it probably is. I’m happy about going to UCSD (my number two choice—anyone else?), but it sucks having to wait over three months to say that in-state L&S freshman applicants don’t really stand any chance of being admitted off the waitlist. Wishing everyone a wonderful summer regardless—we all deserve an amazing college experience—after suffering through much turmoil and anxiety over this ”tragedy”.

8 Likes

i’ll see you at ucsd too, hopefully the wait amounts to something for some of us

5 Likes

Any in state freshmen hear anything lately from UCLA Admissions?

Nope. Someone mentions Thursday 7am, but nothing as usual. Probably July, August.

1 Like

Anyone call or email Admissions?

I just called also and was told by the end of the month (for freshman waitlist decisions)

4 Likes

So, next week we will see if we are getting our rejections or acceptances :slight_smile: finally

2 Likes

sorry to clarify–by the end of this month?

I guess so, at least according to them