UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

I agree with @tamagotchi that I am open to any possibility when it comes to the determining what are legitimate posts and what are not. I stated highly unlikely considering the student portal is not accessible to anyone at the moment but I do not work in admissions so definitely do not know everything that goes on behind the scenes. We will give @Jacki_Jones the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

2 Likes

UCLA is probably uplaoding decision right now. Thats why they took the site down. They said to come back at “evening” because thats when admissions would be released

2 Likes

I am from Seattle, but portal is down for me.

1 Like

They took it down to upload decisions. I think too many people are accessing it which is causing them trouble to upload

2 Likes

So 5 pm pst it will be ?

Yes with 90% chance

1 Like

Totally feel this. Her brother is at UCLA now, and that makes the potential sting of a rejection a little harder than it might otherwise be since she’s every bit as qualified as he was. But as I said above, you have to be good and lucky. So she knows the chances are slim. I am actually happy she will have fellow choristers around her and a shared performance with a world-class ensemble tonight. That feels special and nice, regardless. Fingers crossed we all make it to midnight with emotions managed, either way!

8 Likes

Do you know if an email will accompany (or lag behind) the decision. And if yes, by how long?

Yes it’s the last school he is waiting on it was at 9:02am this morning my son accessed his portal then as well and no decision for him at that time

Usually the portal updates first followed by an email.

2 Likes

Ok, this might have been just before they shut the portal down, then. Seems like the portal has been down since around 10 ish.

1 Like

What a beautiful quote; thank you.

1 Like

It’s possible they run through the process for a few and test if all is well. And then do the mass updates.

3 Likes

My son also is debating whether to see the results before his show tonight or hold off until Sunday (he has two more shows tomorrow)! We both think he won’t be able to wait. :joy:

Break a leg!

4 Likes

That too, but where I am at, it’s usually a shortage of clinical nursing preceptors on the hospital side to train them (as opposed to a shortage of physical beds).

Toi toi toi to them both! I think I’ll buy flowers regardless. And same – she’s got two more shows to go after tonight. I’m ready for it to be April and all of this to be behind us, but i know there’s also something special and unique about this limbo that maybe I’ll look back on fondly one day. But that day is not today! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wow that would be an extraordinary act of restraint and maturity!!

1 Like

Yeah, we both think neither one of us will be able to wait. :rofl:

2 Likes

There is definitely something special and unique about it and I guarantee no matter what the outcome is today they will talk about it the rest of their life.

I remember when I applied to the UC’s and came home every single day from high school starting in February checking the mail (because back then it was by mail, big envelope= accpeted, small envelope= declined) before my dad got home to get it. I also remember running in with the envelope when it came screaming. I literally can remember the weather that day and what I did that day in school (probably because I was laser focused on getting home to check the mail). It is etched in my memory and all of its emotions.

5 Likes

Same. My son’s production runs this weekend and next. He is thinking of waiting until after is Sunday shows to look at result. Just not sure if he is able to wait. Good luck to your son!!