UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

This is the text back from my son
They emailed him to check his portal, then his portal had a decision

2 Likes

May be it will help if we know the first letter of his first and last name

Do UCLA emails have “Congratulations, you’re in!” In the subject line like UCD?

Is there a registration process for the portal, or just input the app ID and see the status? The portal is down so can’t tell.

1 Like

I can’t remember needing to register for the portal.

1 Like

First name is a C last name is an H

1 Like

For nursing schools, the issue is that there are only so many beds that are allotted to nursing students (most go to med school) and so they can’t admit a large number of nursing students. There just isn’t the clinical space.

1 Like

Not by first / last name. May be an ‘A’ would have justified result release alphabetically

Last think he sent and then we can al just wait and pray :heartpulse:
He showed me his portal, and he had a couple friends from other schools with denials too

1 Like

Interesting. Not the usual decision posting procedure for UCLA. Maybe they are changing it up this year. They did Regents at time of decision last year which is a departure from their normal procedure. Thanks for the information.

2 Likes

Applying to UCLA reminds me of that quote…"shoot for the moon even if you miss, you will land amongst the stars.
Being that UCLA is most applied to college, there will be a lot of heartbreak today, but the fact that you are applying to UCLA must mean that you’ve done great things and I’m sure you’ll continue to be great wherever you end up.
Good luck to all. I hope you all get in.

11 Likes

Just went onto the portal and it shows: “The MyApplication Status site is currently unavailable. We expect to be back up later this evening.”

1 Like

Same here

1 Like

@Jacki_Jones

I do not know how these students were able to access the portal if it is down right now.

A screen shot would be helpful.

2 Likes

Just now checked. Its down. Are the results expected today ? What time ?

Seems unlikely… Nobody can check the portal at this time, because it is simply unavailable. Are you sure he was talking about UCLA?

2 Likes

That was my question too.

2 Likes

I’ll see if I can get one my son is asb president and doing interviews for candidates for next year for the next couple hours :joy: he is also waiting anxiously for UCLA it’s the only school to trump cal poly for him . But the kid who saw the rejection is the most honest high integrity kid ever so I have 0 doubts it’s :100: true and I would not say that if it was just anyone ! Maybe it’s a region thing we are from the Seattle area

4 Likes

I’m sure the kid is honest, but maybe they are confusing it with another school, because it is simply not possible to log in to the UCLA portal right now.

3 Likes

Good advice. My daughter has to perform tonight too. I am a Bruin alum and my middle daughter wants to be too. I feel terrible that it’s so out of reach. Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like