UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Disappointed we can’t get a guided tour at UCLA…not a single time slot available between now and decision day :frowning:

If anybody plans on canceling let me know please please :weary:

2 Likes

My son was accepted to the College of Letters and Science. No email but a congratulations acceptance message on the portal yesterday.

4 Likes

They are giving tours on Bruin Day.

3 Likes

As a UCLA student, I can confirm just how packed the current tours are :rofl:

2 Likes

Next week is finals week and then spring break. They may have fewer tour guides available between now and April 3.

5 Likes

BOTH my TWIN BOYS got accepted SO SO EXCITED!!!

3 Likes

Same. Seems odd not to receive an email. But did receive an acceptance via the portal. Checked junk and spam, etc.

1 Like

Did you check “events” on your portal? We have three different options available.

Very well said.

Yes I saw that…going to be tough for us to make but we will try!

3 Likes

Yes we found the admitted students tour and booked one!

Thank you

There are a few options for tours, so glad we found that.

2 Likes

Just curious, does anyone know what the admit rate for the class of 2027 was?

4 Likes

When is bruin day?

I think it’s April 15th this year.

1 Like

April 8:
UCSD’s Triton Day
UC Davis Aggie Day
April 15:
UCLA Bruin Day
UCSB Open House
UCR Highlander Day
UCSC Banana Slug Day
Cal Poly Pomona Bronco Bound
SDSU open house
April 13-15: Cal Poly SLO Open House
April 22:
UCI Celebrate UCI
Berkeley Cal Day

USC will have multiple Explore USC events - April 2, 7, 10, 14, 17, 20, 24

5 Likes

Rejected out of state film, but when we realized that only about 10-15 out of state students get accepted to the major she applied for it took the sting away a bit because those are nearly impossible odds. She also commented about how kind the rejection letter was. It made a difference that they took the time to write such a compassionate rejection letter because she read every word.

6 Likes

Ugggh I hate that April 15th has so many admitted students days the same day. It’s the day of my DD’s senior ball and the only one she could make it back from in time is UCSC’s! She was also admitted to SDSU and hopes for admission to UCSB so that would potentially be 3 conflicting admitted students days on the same day for her. Sneaky of them lol! Luckily she should have no problem making UCD’s, Cal’s (if admitted), and Cal Poly SLO’s admitted students days (although why is Cal Poly SLO’s main day on a Friday, so she has to miss school?).

3 Likes

Same over here. Crazy how competitive it is for a Film degree.

1 Like

very one is going to study chemical engineering, the other undeclared(wants to ultimately do LAW)

1 Like

what about if you take an AP class the summer before 9th grade and it is taken at the high school you will attend? Do UC schools calculate that into the GPA?

2 Likes