UCLA Class of 2027 Official Thread

Extracurricular activities.

Can you please elaborate more on how you wrote your PIQs?
How strong was it?

Daughter accepted OOS. Need some insight about Economics in UCLA vs Business in Marshall’s school USC.

2 Likes

I would go with Business at USC. In general BBA > Econ if the goal is consulting or IB. Not sure what your goals are but my bias is towards BBA programs over Econ.

2 Likes

DS Accepted to Herb Alpert School of Music
Major: Music History & Industry
Top private school in PA. No GPA. No Rank. No APs
I think would be UW 3.95 for UCs (one B), rigorous curriculum
National Hispanic Scholar
ECs: audition A cappella (3yrs); varsity Mock Trial (4yrs); Photographer and Illustrator school news paper (4yrs); some community service, 8 years piano and voice lessons
Released five songs on SoundCloud; videos on YouTube
Relevant work experience, two summers in a top recording studio
In biased opinion, I think VG essays both for standard and portfolio
I think the big hook was his portfolio. Here’s his best video:

3 Likes

Thank you! Is there any way that the waitlist is prioritized?

1 Like

I am sure there is some type of hierarchy based on institutional need but not disclosed.

2 Likes

I agree that USC Marshall would be a better choice for that major/department. Was she already admitted? If so, then she should be receiving some sort of scholarship, making USC cheaper than UCLA OOS.

2 Likes

Did anybody get Psychology in UCLA? Please can you share stats especially extracurricular activities

She got into USC as Eary admit but no scholarship as she was National merit commended not finalist but still trying for other scholrship. She wants to go to law school but I prefer she work first and then go to law school

1 Like

My daughter hasn’t received any emails from UCLA. Just checked the portal - and saw her acceptance there - but no actual emails as of yet.

2 Likes

Did you check the spam/junk folder. There is always a lag between the portal update and the email.

My son got acceptance in his portal too, no email yet!

2 Likes

Same here. No email.

1 Like

@gumbymom: My daughter took 1 community class the summer before starting 9th grade and 1 during 9th grade year. They are both UC transferable. Will the UC’s calculate these 2 classes into the UC GPA or did she take it too early and not get credit?

1 Like

No, they are not included in the UC GPA calculation but they will be reviewed for course rigor and of a course since they are UC transferable, she will get credit for those classes.

1 Like

Same.

Sorry to hear that. I’m sure they will have success wherever they go

congrats .what r the stats

My daughter was accepted as well. School of Art and Architecture I Media Design

4 Likes