UCLA Fall 2023: Transfer Thread

Son accepted, Data Theory.
Got accepted to Cal, UCSD, waitlisted at UCI.
Looks like he will go to Cal for Data Science instead of UCLA’s Data Theory.
but also waiting for Stanford results in May!

Son waitlisted for Computer Science & Engineering. UC to UC transfer - currently in Computer Engineering at a different UC. Are there non zero chances of waitlist moving to admission later in summer after June 1 (the SIR date)? Or is it pretty much unlikely that there will be many folks turning down CSE at UCLA? Probably some folks who have got admission to Berkeley CS/EECS may turn down UCLA because Berkeley is a more highly rated CS program.

Update:
My GPA fell down from 3.91 to 3.78 since my last post.

I got accepted to UCSC, UCI, UCD, UCSB, UC Berkeley, UCLA (no TAP) as a Math Major.

1 Like

Accepted! Public Affairs w/ 4.0 GPA + TAP (and as a first-year transfer hehe) <3

For those planning to attend UCLA, will you live on campus? My daughter probably will so she can get the college experience she has missed out on. I am curious if she will be surrounded by freshmen. Also, she graduated from HS 2020 but took a gap year because COVID. She has lived in an apartment with friends for the past year.

Would love to hear what others plan to do or any feedback on living in the dorms. Thanks!

Congrats!! My daughter also 2020 grad with gap year! She plans to live on campus in Plaza or apartments. I also read that the Transfer Experience living community is great for the “on-campus” experience!!

2 Likes

Congrats to your daughter as well! What is her major?

We are planning to go to Bruin Day (grateful they have one for transfers) and will look at the different dorm options then.

D21 will live on campus, possibly both years if she enjoys her first year in dorms.

1 Like

Does anyone know when the waitlists are released & is there any chance of holding out hope to come off the waitlist?

accepted! 4.0 psychology no tap

I was also waitlisted with similar stats! I have a gut feeling I’ll get in from the waitlist, but how did you navigate finding housing afterward? Living on campus would be the most ideal for me. But from what I’ve read waitlist decisions often come after the housing application deadline date.

1 Like

Accepted. Business Econ major. 4.0 GPA, no TAP.

aH

Accepted: Econ. 3.99 GPA w/ TAP and a few extracurriculars

You were accepted to Cal and UCLA. Where are you leaning? Our D21 is in the same predicament. Hard choice.

Have any transfer students headed to UCLA received their housing offer yet?

Good question. My D21 has not.

My D actually did 2 days ago but didn’t get what she hoped for. She’s found someone who has agreed to do a swap so hopefully that works out.