UCLA, UCI, UCSB Appeal

<p>Hi everyone! I appealed my admission decision for UCLA UCI AND UCSB. What are my chances? My GPA definitely went up after the first semester of senior year. I also included things that I’ve done since I applied. I ended my appeal with “I’m not asking for application to be re-evaluated because of blah blah blah, I am asking for my application to be re-evaluated because I know that <em>school’s name</em> needs me.” What do you guys think? Also, does anyone know people who got in through appeal? :(?</p>

<p>I know that some people get in through appeal, but not a ton, and I don’t know if there is any way to predict it. Now that you have sent in your appeal, it might be better to put it out of your mind until you hear back, and focus on your best back up choice, so you don’t miss any deadlines for housing, etc. You will hear back, by and by, whether you are focusing on it, or not.</p>

<p>I think that last sentence is a bit arrogant, but if your reasons are valid and legitimate enough, you might have a chance. But remember that many people are very qualified and very few people get accepted through appeal</p>

<p>@UCadmitted‌ thank you. You’re right :)</p>

<p>What are your grounds for appeal, if I may ask?</p>

<p>I don’t wanna go to UCM, or CSULB. But I didn’t tell the appeals committee that, I just idk I told them that I could make UCI UCSB and UCLA a better place. I let them know that after starting a Gay Straight Alliance at my school, because I grew tired of knowing that gay students at my school are seen as less, I learned that UCs need students with the ambition of bringing something positive to their campus, and that’s where I come along. So, hopefully it works. If it doesn’t, then it doesn’t. I’ll be glad knowing that I at least tried, you know? </p>

<p>@UCadmitted‌ </p>

<p>@collegevetting‌ thank you, you’re right lol I meant to tag you in the comment haha but thnx you’re right </p>

<p>What are your stats and major?</p>

<p>Does anyone know when will they release appeal decisions?? anytime soon you guys think?? are there poeple who already heard or nahh? </p>

<p>IF it happens for them to admit you, How will the acceptance letter look like? any ideas on what it will say??</p>

<p>@yoyo1995‌ UC Davis will release their decisions on April 30th, and for their campus, the acceptance page on the portal would apparently look like the same for a regular admitted student. UCSD usually releases their decisions upon review, so it takes a few days to a couple of weeks tops for each individual appeal decision to be released. Idk about the rest of the UC’s.</p>

<p>I don’t think “Your school needs me” is a valid reason for appealing. It’s wild conjecture. :P</p>

<p>Does anyone know when UCLA’s comes out or has anyone gotten there decision yet?.. its getting close to May 1st !!</p>